The Empire of Cartiga is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Gauthier with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 11.103 billion Cartigans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Levenaux. The average income tax rate is 3.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cartigan economy, worth a remarkable 1,642 trillion brouzoufs a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 147,935 brouzoufs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military spending is on the increase, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy, and an enormous health awareness programme is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Cartiga's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Esoteric Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, an enormous health awareness programme is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, anti-environmentalist protesters are gunned down without mercy.
- : Cartiga was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- : Cartiga was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, all news sources are under strict government control.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, gossip magazines have been replaced by mask catalogs.