The Empire of Cartiga is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Gauthier with an iron fist, and renowned for its digital currency, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 9.947 billion Cartigans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Levenaux. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cartigan economy, worth a remarkable 1,664 trillion coins a year, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 167,363 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cartiga's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Theosophy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Cartiga was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country.
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.