The Empire of Cartiga is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Gauthier with an iron fist, and renowned for its avowedly heterosexual populace, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 10.091 billion Cartigans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order, Spirituality, and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Levenaux. The average income tax rate is 82.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cartigan economy, worth a remarkable 1,689 trillion coins a year, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 167,471 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, organ donation is compulsory, and governments opposing Cartiga are beset by rebels. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cartiga's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Esoteric Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cartiga fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Cartiga fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, governments opposing Cartiga are beset by rebels.
- : Cartiga changed its national faith to "Esoteric Catholicism".
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Cartiga was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Cartiga, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.