“Cedant arma togae”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Constitutional Monarchy of Cartagonia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by the High King Jose Alfonso I with an even hand, and remarkable for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.604 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Social Equality and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Plaza del Lago. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35%. A small private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
All streets are privately owned toll roads, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, and Cartagonia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cartagonia's national animal is the Testudo graeca, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the duro cantonal.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Cartagonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 8 days ago: Cartagonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: Cartagonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 17 days ago: Cartagonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 21 days ago: Cartagonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 22 days ago: Cartagonia relocated from Nugut to Europeia.
- 22 days ago: Cartagonia relocated from The North Pacific to Nugut.
- 22 days ago: Cartagonia relocated from Europeia to The North Pacific.
- 22 days ago: Cartagonia's influence in Europeia fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Cartagonia, Cartagonia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.