The Queen's State of Carruthers is a colossal, efficient nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.881 billion Carruthersians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, although Education is also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.0%.
The very strong Carruthersian economy, worth 301 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 30,496 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 295,678 per year while the poor average 151, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Voting is voluntary, all tariffs have been abolished, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Carruthers's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carruthers's influence in Ancient Lands fell from "Sprat" to "Minnow".
- : Carruthers's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Carruthers's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Carruthers's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Carruthers's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Carruthers relocated from Brazzaville to Ancient Lands.
- : Carruthers's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Carruthers's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Carruthers's influence in Brazzaville rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Carruthers relocated from Nova Scotia to Brazzaville.