|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Carnatoa is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.292 billion Carnatoans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carnatoa City. The average income tax rate is 85%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing industries.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to Carnatoa's border, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, and expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Carnatoa's national animal is the Lamprey, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Corbulon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 22 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Carnatoa, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Carnatoa, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Carnatoa, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Carnatoa was refounded in Osiris.
- 8 days ago: Carnatoa ceased to exist.
- 8 days ago: Carnatoa fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 11 days ago: Carnatoa fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 15 days ago: Carnatoa fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- 15 days ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.