|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Empire of Carnatoa is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 5.594 billion Carnatoans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carnatoa City. The average income tax rate is 74.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Carnatoan economy, worth 921 trillion Corbulons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 164,680 Corbulons, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets, the government seizes all major gold finds, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, and the death penalty has been reintroduced. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Carnatoa's national animal is the Lamprey, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 16 hours ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 7 days ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 8 days ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 11 days ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 21 days ago: Carnatoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Carnatoa, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Carnatoa, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Carnatoa, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- 24 days ago: Carnatoa was refounded in Balder.