The Double-Dealing Diva of Carman Sandiego is a gargantuan, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, cynical population of 18.572 billion minions are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Healthcare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.1%.
The thriving Carman Sandiegoan economy, worth 769 trillion travel visas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Trout Farming. Average income is 41,440 travel visas, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 120,015 per year while the poor average 11,339, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Carman Sandiego's national animal is the gumshoe, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Carman Sandiego's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Carman Sandiego was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Carman Sandiego's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Carman Sandiego voted for The Big Tex Department O Justice of NewTexas in Round 3 of the election.
- : Carman Sandiego's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Carman Sandiego voted for The Mad King of Hell of The Stalker in Round 2 of the election.
- : Carman Sandiego was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Carman Sandiego ceased to exist.
- : Carman Sandiego was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates, Largest Populations, and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Carman Sandiego fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.