“All the world under our roof”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Kingdom of Carcassonne is a massive, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.263 billion Carcassonneans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azrael. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 60%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government spends millions of Deniers every year prosecuting spammers, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, children spout "All the world under our roof" involuntarily throughout the day, and the booming slave trade is now government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Carcassonne's national animal is the Horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Emperor Worship, and its currency is the Denier.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Carcassonne was refounded in Lazarus.
- 128 days ago: Carcassonne ceased to exist.
- 136 days ago: Carcassonne fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 149 days ago: Carcassonne was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 161 days ago: Carcassonne was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 161 days ago: Carcassonne was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 164 days ago: Carcassonne altered its national flag.
- 164 days ago: Carcassonne was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- 164 days ago: Carcassonne relocated from Lazarus to The New Commonwealth Society.
- 164 days ago: Carcassonne was refounded in Lazarus.