The Democratic Republic of Capricania is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Premier EvanderX with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.762 billion Capricanians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Lihydra. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The large but sluggish Capricanian economy, worth 585 trillion titanium dollars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 49,799 titanium dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, guns are banned, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Capricania's national animal is the Blue Cardinal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Capricania fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Godforsaken.
- : Capricania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 1%).
- : Capricania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Capricania fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Capricania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- : Capricania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- : Capricania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Capricania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Capricania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Capricania was refounded in Lazarus.