“Those who do not fear change will move forward”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Regional Capital of Caprecia is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 983 million, 982 million of whom are zombies, Caprecians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jandrea. The average income tax rate is 65%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Pizza Delivery.
Referenda are held for every conceivable government action, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caprecia's national animal is the argenis deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Caprec.
Caprecia is currently considering its options.
Survival Rate: 0.01%
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 24 days ago: Caprecia suppressed a post on the Caprecia regional message board.
- 49 days ago: Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Average.
- 77 days ago: Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 78 days ago: Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Instigator" to "Eminence Grise".
- 93 days ago: Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 101 days ago: Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 153 days ago: Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 155 days ago: Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 172 days ago: Caprecia's influence in Caprecia fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 177 days ago: Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".