The Regional Capital of Caprecia is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 17.794 billion Caprecians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jandrea. The average income tax rate is 69.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Caprecian economy, worth a remarkable 1,294 trillion Caprecs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,724 Caprecs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Referenda are held for every conceivable government action, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caprecia's national animal is the argenis deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Caprecia's influence in Caprecia fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Caprecia relocated from Osiris to Caprecia.
- : Caprecia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Caprecia ceased to exist.
- : Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- : Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Caprecia lodged a message on the Caprecia Regional Message Board.