“Those who do not fear change will move forward”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Instigator
The Regional Capital of Caprecia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate population of 15.439 billion Caprecians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jandrea. The average income tax rate is 65%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Pizza Delivery.
Referenda are held for every conceivable government action, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caprecia's national animal is the argenis deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Caprec.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 7 days ago: Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 59 days ago: Caprecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 61 days ago: Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 79 days ago: Caprecia's influence in Caprecia fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- 83 days ago: Caprecia's influence in Caprecia rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- 155 days ago: Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 158 days ago: Caprecia agreed to construct embassies between Caprecia and Oracia.
- 166 days ago: Caprecia lodged a message on the Caprecia Regional Message Board.
- 169 days ago: Caprecia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 188 days ago: Caprecia lodged a message on the Caprecia Regional Message Board.