|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: the West Pacific
The Grand Bazaar of Capitalist Paradise is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its suspicion of poets. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.775 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals is mainly concerned with Education, although Law & Order and Defence are on the agenda. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Capitalist Paradise's national animal is the donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the simoleon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 1 hour ago
- 4 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Republic of Fratellnoir.
- 5 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Republic of Fratellnoir.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 12 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The United States of Hayekvillage.
- 12 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The United States of Hayekvillage.
- 15 days ago: Capitalist Paradise's influence in The West Pacific fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 21 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 28 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Marauding Ninjas of Mediobogdum.
Endorsements Received: 42 » BIteland, Southern Eureka, Todler, The 9 Stars, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Robbinston, Kevin Ruddistan, Chestaan, Amymnia, Gorgondollar, Mochaworld, Tespa, Moerderreich, Bhang Bhang Duc, Coriolis, Thessalian, Thyrall, Karcinoma, New Novak, Confederate Kentuckiana, Iasonia, All Good People, Yy4u, Danstinople, Ricochet, Creamy pleasures, Wandysland, Khezef, Wickedly evil people, Punk Reloaded, Prkniland, Darkesia, Esselarkay, New Tang, Raezim, Ashkan, Schlurp, United Congregation, Rudrapole, Aestate, Mediobogdum, and Hayekvillage.