The Grand Bazaar of Capitalist Paradise is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads, smutty television, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 26.192 billion Capitalist Paradiseans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business, outspoken individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Capitalist Paradisean economy, worth a remarkable 5,018 trillion simoleons a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 191,607 simoleons, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups. Crime is totally unknown. Capitalist Paradise's national animal is the donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 6 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 11 days ago: Capitalist Paradise fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 15 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Incorrigible Vice of Guy.
- 15 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Incorrigible Vice of Guy.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 17 days ago: Capitalist Paradise relocated from The West Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- 17 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ejected and banned from The West Pacific by The Chocolate Loving Paradise of Darkesia.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Guy.