The Grand Bazaar of Capitalist Paradise is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, national health service, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 27.072 billion Capitalist Paradiseans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, outspoken individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Capitalist Paradisean economy, worth a remarkable 5,244 trillion simoleons a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 193,718 simoleons, with the richest citizens earning 7.0 times as much as the poorest.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown. Capitalist Paradise's national animal is the donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- : Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Peores of --Camila--.
- : Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Peores of --Camila--.
- : Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Capitalist Paradise was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Capitalist Paradise's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Kingdom of Lyon.
- : Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Kingdom of Lyon.
- : Capitalist Paradise voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Research Commitment"".