|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Grand Bazaar of Capitalist Paradise is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.569 billion Capitalist Paradiseans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, all tariffs have been abolished, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Capitalist Paradise's national animal is the donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the simoleon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 21 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Dominion of New Travancore.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 14 days ago: Capitalist Paradise fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 14 days ago: Capitalist Paradise fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 15 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, all tariffs have been abolished.
- 19 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Confederacy of Valsyvir.
- 20 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Confederacy of Valsyvir.
- 20 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Achievement Hunters of Caneighda.
Endorsements Received: 42 » BIteland, Southern Eureka, Todler, The 9 Stars, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Robbinston, Chestaan, Mochaworld, Thessalian, Karcinoma, New Novak, Iasonia, Yy4u, Creamy pleasures, Wandysland, Wickedly evil people, Darkesia, Raezim, Ashkan, Schlurp, Aestate, Hayekvillage, Mercanta, Kingsteck, Liberillia, Academy of P, Deus Elegit, Rohypton, Dynatek, Huangshi, Architechnia, New Duveland, New Tang, All Good People, Bhang Bhang Duc, King of the death, Jyzeria, The Free Confederation of AR-15s, Kisovec, Caneighda, Valsyvir, and New Travancore.