The Grand Bazaar of Capitalist Paradise is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its national health service, daily referendums, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 25.613 billion Capitalist Paradiseans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business, outspoken individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Capitalist Paradisean economy, worth a remarkable 4,865 trillion simoleons a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 189,978 simoleons, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
All tariffs have been abolished, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, and the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly. Crime is totally unknown. Capitalist Paradise's national animal is the donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 13 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Free Land of Pugland of Punke.
- 4 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Republic of Sartrea.
- 7 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 7 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Republic of Sartrea.
- 12 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Federation of Fashie.
Endorsements Received: 47 » BIteland, Southern Eureka, Todler, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Chestaan, Mochaworld, Thessalian, New Novak, Iasonia, Creamy pleasures, Wandysland, Wickedly evil people, Darkesia, Raezim, Ashkan, Aestate, Mercanta, Liberillia, Dynatek, All Good People, Bhang Bhang Duc, Kisovec, Caneighda, Valsyvir, Angelopoulos, Hanifiyyah, Antahbrantahstan, Percival-X, Abaja, Kalmarth, Jyzeria, Golovia, Rocknest, The New Star League, Ferus Equus, New Kakyoin, Volaior, Donstan, Verse Reach, Consular, The Lost Ruby, The Arrogant Bumblebees, Ilegaki, Vladivo, Fashie, Sartrea, and Pugland of Punke.