|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the West Pacific
The Grand Bazaar of Capitalist Paradise is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.914 billion Capitalist Paradiseans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, and college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Capitalist Paradise's national animal is the donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the simoleon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The City states of Mithea III.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- 11 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The City states of Mithea III.
- 17 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- 17 days ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Predatory Nature of Yy4u.
- 17 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Predatory Nature of Yy4u.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- 22 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 48 » BIteland, Southern Eureka, Todler, The 9 Stars, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Robbinston, Chestaan, Mochaworld, Thessalian, New Novak, Iasonia, Creamy pleasures, Wandysland, Wickedly evil people, Darkesia, Raezim, Ashkan, Aestate, Mercanta, Kingsteck, Liberillia, Deus Elegit, Dynatek, Huangshi, All Good People, Bhang Bhang Duc, The Free Confederation of AR-15s, Kisovec, Caneighda, Valsyvir, New Travancore, Avirum, Republic of Southern States, Peace Valley, The Lost Ruby, Angelopoulos, Senpai Kohai, Hanifiyyah, Antahbrantahstan, Percival-X, HawaiiMaui, Little Sealand, Abaja, Kalmarth, Schlurp, Jyzeria, Golovia, and Yy4u.