The Grand Bazaar of Capitalist Paradise is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 25.455 billion Capitalist Paradiseans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, outspoken individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Capitalist Paradisean economy, worth a remarkable 4,813 trillion simoleons a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Pizza Delivery, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 189,111 simoleons, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, voting is voluntary, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown. Capitalist Paradise's national animal is the donkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Enlightened Colony of The Arrogant Bumblebees.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise endorsed The Emirate of The Lost Ruby.
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Enlightened Colony of The Arrogant Bumblebees.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Capitalist Paradise was endorsed by The Emirate of The Lost Ruby.
- 4 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Capitalist Paradise fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 12 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 12 days ago: Capitalist Paradise was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in Capitalist Paradise, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
Endorsements Received: 47 » BIteland, Southern Eureka, Todler, The 9 Stars, Corporatist Trusts Inc, Chestaan, Mochaworld, Thessalian, New Novak, Iasonia, Creamy pleasures, Wandysland, Wickedly evil people, Darkesia, Raezim, Ashkan, Aestate, Mercanta, Kingsteck, Liberillia, Dynatek, All Good People, Bhang Bhang Duc, The Free Confederation of AR-15s, Kisovec, Caneighda, Valsyvir, Republic of Southern States, Angelopoulos, Hanifiyyah, Antahbrantahstan, Percival-X, Abaja, Kalmarth, Jyzeria, Golovia, Rocknest, The New Star League, Ferus Equus, New Kakyoin, Volaior, Donstan, Verse Reach, Consular, Fortytipper, The Lost Ruby, and The Arrogant Bumblebees.