The Sovereign Republic of Camerania is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Altinka with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.033 billion Cameranians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Burgundy City. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The large but stagnant Cameranian economy, worth 117 trillion Kránas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 10,689 Kránas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, and prudishness is on the way out. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Camerania's national animal is the Elk, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Camerania, prudishness is on the way out.
- 10 days ago: Camerania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in Camerania, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Camerania, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Camerania, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Camerania, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 15 days ago: Camerania abolished the regional flag of The Flying Squadron.
- 15 days ago: Camerania password-protected The Flying Squadron.
- 15 days ago: Camerania ejected and banned The Allied States of Rparzeshe from The Flying Squadron.
- 19 days ago: Camerania fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.