“Just Getting By”
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: the Cayman Islands
The Queen's State of Calm Easy is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 14.835 billion Calm Easyians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, pro-business, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.3%.
The thriving Calm Easyian economy, worth 744 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is 50,206 betales, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 189,763 per year while the poor average 9,241, a ratio of 20.5 to 1.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, graffiti graces every city's streets, and programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Calm Easy's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 38 days ago
- 204 days ago: Calm Easy changed its national animal to "deer", its currency to "betale", and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 242 days ago: Calm Easy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 324 days ago: Calm Easy proposed constructing embassies between The Cayman Islands and Mongolia.
- 324 days ago: Calm Easy agreed to construct embassies between The Cayman Islands and Samoa.
- 360 days ago: Calm Easy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 1 year 1 day ago: Calm Easy altered the regional flag of The Cayman Islands.
- 1 year 16 days ago: Calm Easy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 1 year 18 days ago: Calm Easy agreed to construct embassies between The Cayman Islands and Managua.
- 1 year 18 days ago: Calm Easy established the regional flag of The Cayman Islands.
- 1 year 37 days ago: Calm Easy agreed to construct embassies between The Cayman Islands and Freedom Front.