“Just Getting By”
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: the Cayman Islands
The Republic of Calm Easy is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.165 billion live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Book Publishing and Gambling.
Government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend, graffiti graces every city's streets, and programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem. Calm Easy's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 44 days ago: Calm Easy proposed constructing embassies between The Cayman Islands and Mongolia.
- 44 days ago: Calm Easy agreed to construct embassies between The Cayman Islands and Samoa.
- 81 days ago: Calm Easy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 87 days ago: Calm Easy altered the regional flag of The Cayman Islands.
- 101 days ago: Calm Easy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 103 days ago: Calm Easy agreed to construct embassies between The Cayman Islands and Managua.
- 103 days ago: Calm Easy established the regional flag of The Cayman Islands.
- 122 days ago: Calm Easy agreed to construct embassies between The Cayman Islands and Freedom Front.
- 139 days ago: Calm Easy agreed to construct embassies between The Cayman Islands and Islas de la Bahia.
- 159 days ago: Calm Easy fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.