“Uphold the rights of others while defending your own”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Federation of Callidia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Federal Chancellor with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 16.37 billion Callidians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy is also considered important, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.2%.
The all-consuming Callidian economy, worth a remarkable 3,293 trillion Sercens a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an amazing 201,212 Sercens, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 575,260 per year while the poor average 56,059, a ratio of 10.3 to 1.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, Callidia's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Callidia's national animal is the Callidian Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 22 hours ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Callidia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 6 days ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Callidia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Callidia, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Callidia, Callidia's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Callidia, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 16 days ago: Callidia altered its national flag.
- 16 days ago: Callidia was refounded in Osiris.
- 40 days ago: Callidia ceased to exist.
- 49 days ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).