The United Federation of Callidia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Federal Chancellor with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 17.297 billion Callidians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The all-consuming Callidian economy, worth a remarkable 3,557 trillion Sercens a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an amazing 205,668 Sercens, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 595,636 per year while the poor average 56,277, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population, and Federal Chancellor's mistress is the belle at many state balls. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Callidia's national animal is the Callidian Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 14 hours ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 7 days ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 11 days ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 14 days ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 14 days ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 15 days ago: Callidia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 15 days ago: Callidia altered its national flag.
- 15 days ago: Callidia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 16 days ago: Callidia ceased to exist.
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Callidia, Federal Chancellor's mistress is the belle at many state balls.