The Holy Sovereignty of Calicovi is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Jurich Von with an iron fist, and notable for its national health service, restrictive gun laws, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 2.881 billion Calicovians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calconiea. The average income tax rate is 94.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Calicovian economy, worth 274 trillion Calico Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 95,121 Calico Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals, and conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calicovi's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Naram-Sin of Akkad.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Calicovi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Calicovi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Calicovi was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, euthanasia is legal.