The People's Republic of Calicovi is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Jurich Von Licenstein IV with an iron fist, and notable for its closed borders, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 4.596 billion Calicovians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Industry, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calconiea. The average income tax rate is 86.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Calicovian economy, worth 530 trillion British Pounds a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 115,469 British Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals, penal labor is a de facto death sentence, and corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calicovi's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calicovi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Calicovi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Calicovi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, penal labor is a de facto death sentence.
- : Following new legislation in Calicovi, shelters struggle to keep up with the endless intake of stray animals.
- : Calicovi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : Calicovi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : Calicovi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Calicovi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
Endorsements Received: None.