The Twin Ion Engines of Calanria is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Grand Moff Hackafrakis with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 3.026 billion Calanrians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Illmerica. The average income tax rate is 7.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Calanrian economy, worth 224 trillion Culmins a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is 74,055 Culmins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, and there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calanria's national animal is the Platypus, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Calanria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Calanria was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of New Naprela Islands.
- : Calanria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Calanria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Calanria was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Calanria, there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison.
- : Following new legislation in Calanria, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- : Calanria was endorsed by The Poetic Tendencies of Aersoldorf.
- : Calanria endorsed The Poetic Tendencies of Aersoldorf.
- : Calanria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.