“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.611 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Calamazo endorsed The Republic of Bristol C.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Calamazo lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Republic of Bristol C.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "Love and peace!" as a way of life.
Endorsements Received: 96 » Grosseschnauzer, Andromeda Islands, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Enif, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Venutia, East Oceania, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Alice Gardens, Kerlone Adinine, Marscuponiland, Oilgarchy, Leekem, Esponnise, Mariensbergian Principality, My Utopian World, Avalon, Abs123, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Tennhauser, Jefffliu, Karzos, Emmerian Republic, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Fantoche, LPS Land, Rectangulo Circular, New-Magrathea, Ascenon, Unimaginable Doom, Bothia, Jahiranna, and 46 others.New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Brazil Nazista, Pluxlups, Higan, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Niana, Renetopia, Everywheristan, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Rukonia, Cool Happy Place, Malinka, Wisconsota, Malvad, Vietanimo, Thatchertropolis, Wairos, Khjagobei, Moany Old Gits, El Melbos, Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, The Technocratic Empire of America, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, One Vision, Il Duce Rugetti, New Absurdistan, Grand Terra, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Conigsberg, Nphyx, Elevation, Stratanova, Kitabo, and Bristol C.