“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.365 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, anti-government web sites are springing up, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, and citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Drasolopia.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Calamazo endorsed The Republic of One Vision.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Republic of One Vision.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Calamazo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets.
- 6 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 7 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
Endorsements Received: 94 » Grosseschnauzer, Andromeda Islands, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Enif, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Venutia, East Oceania, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Alice Gardens, Kerlone Adinine, Marscuponiland, Oilgarchy, Leekem, Esponnise, Mariensbergian Principality, My Utopian World, Avalon, Abs123, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Tennhauser, Jefffliu, Karzos, Flaubert, Emmerian Republic, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Fantoche, LPS Land, Rectangulo Circular, New-Magrathea, Ascenon, Effazio, Unimaginable Doom, and 44 others.Bothia, Jahiranna, New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Brazil Nazista, Pluxlups, Higan, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Niana, Renetopia, Everywheristan, Prumkom, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Rukonia, Cool Happy Place, Malinka, Wisconsota, Malvad, Vietanimo, Transcostrian Federative Republic, Thatchertropolis, Wairos, Khjagobei, Moany Old Gits, El Melbos, Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, New Charlzilla, Framhaven, The Technocratic Empire of America, Merconitonitopia, Libycion, Sheldanada, Thimblewich, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, One Vision, and Drasolopia.