“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.531 billion Calamazoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government is funneling billions into Cape Calamazo following the shuttle crash, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 9 hours ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Calamazo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, the government is funneling billions into Cape Calamazo following the shuttle crash.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, the explosive fireball of the disintegrating space shuttle has devastated Cape Calamazo.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Grosseschnauzer, Andromeda Islands, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Esponnise, My Utopian World, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Jefffliu, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Ascenon, Unimaginable Doom, Bothia, Jahiranna, New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Pluxlups, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Renetopia, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Rukonia, Thatchertropolis, El Melbos, Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, and 22 others.Sheldanada, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Conigsberg, Nphyx, Elevation, Kitabo, Bristol C, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Wisconsota, Kevaren, Lionia, Estador, Varovanjov, The Teddy, Austro-Hungarian federation, Great Bights Mum, Falapatorius, Indonesa, and Five Bridges.