“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 5.629 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, and the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 4 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, the nation refuses to discard its increasingly useless penny.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws.
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 4 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 4 days ago: Calamazo endorsed The Republic of Bristol C.
- 5 days ago: Calamazo lost the endorsement of The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 5 days ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Grosseschnauzer, Andromeda Islands, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Enif, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Venutia, East Oceania, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Alice Gardens, Kerlone Adinine, Marscuponiland, Oilgarchy, Leekem, Esponnise, Mariensbergian Principality, My Utopian World, Avalon, Abs123, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Tennhauser, Jefffliu, Karzos, Emmerian Republic, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Fantoche, LPS Land, Rectangulo Circular, New-Magrathea, Ascenon, Unimaginable Doom, Bothia, Jahiranna, and 45 others.New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Brazil Nazista, Pluxlups, Higan, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Niana, Renetopia, Everywheristan, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Rukonia, Cool Happy Place, Malinka, Wisconsota, Vietanimo, Thatchertropolis, Wairos, Khjagobei, Moany Old Gits, El Melbos, Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, The Technocratic Empire of America, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, One Vision, Il Duce Rugetti, New Absurdistan, Grand Terra, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Conigsberg, Nphyx, Elevation, Stratanova, Kitabo, and Bristol C.