“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.383 billion Calamazoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 23 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Republic of Egius.
- 4 days ago: Calamazo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 6 days ago: Calamazo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 6 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom"".
- 6 days ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 13 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 13 days ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 15 days ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 20 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Panem".
- 20 days ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Hydraulic Fracturing".
Endorsements Received: 72 » Grosseschnauzer, Andromeda Islands, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Esponnise, My Utopian World, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Jefffliu, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Ascenon, Unimaginable Doom, Bothia, Jahiranna, New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Pluxlups, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Renetopia, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Rukonia, Thatchertropolis, El Melbos, Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, and 22 others.Sheldanada, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Conigsberg, Nphyx, Elevation, Kitabo, Bristol C, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Wisconsota, Kevaren, Lionia, Estador, Mary Jayonia, Varovanjov, The Teddy, Austro-Hungarian federation, and Egius.