“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.168 billion Calamazoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 86%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad, and anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 5 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 5 days ago: Calamazo endorsed The United Socialist States of Lajikstan.
- 7 days ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Lajikstan.
- 8 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 9 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
Endorsements Received: 78 » Grosseschnauzer, Andromeda Islands, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Leekem, Esponnise, My Utopian World, Abs123, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Jefffliu, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Ascenon, Unimaginable Doom, Bothia, Jahiranna, New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Pluxlups, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Renetopia, Everywheristan, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Rukonia, Thatchertropolis, El Melbos, and 28 others.Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, The Technocratic Empire of America, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Conigsberg, Nphyx, Elevation, Stratanova, Kitabo, Bristol C, Abacathea, Axari, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Wisconsota, Kevaren, Ursusuana, Lionia, Estador, Mary Jayonia, Varovanjov, and Lajikstan.