“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.938 billion Calamazoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government is funneling billions into Cape Calamazo following the shuttle crash, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 19 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Calamazo fell out of the world Top 10% for Nudest.
- 14 hours ago: Calamazo fell out of the regional Top 5% for Nudest.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Not A Social Justice Sally of The Democratic States of LibertarianLand.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of The Lancerian Empire.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 6 days ago: Calamazo withdrew its vote on the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 6 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 6 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 6 days ago: Calamazo endorsed The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
- 9 days ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
Endorsements Received: 84 » Grosseschnauzer, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Herzliyya, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Jefffliu, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Ascenon, Unimaginable Doom, Bothia, Jahiranna, New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Pluxlups, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Renetopia, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Thatchertropolis, El Melbos, Olvern, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, and 34 others.Conigsberg, Nphyx, Elevation, Kitabo, Bristol C, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Wisconsota, Kevaren, Lionia, Estador, Varovanjov, The Teddy, Austro-Hungarian federation, Great Bights Mum, Falapatorius, Indonesa, Five Bridges, Malvad, Spadanera, Great Copenhagen, Scandigrad, Territorio di Nessuno, NabMex, New Brussels, Unified Wessex, Rukonia, Ruaridhkstad, Dutchyland, Sadakoyama, Svoboda Soyuz Iz Bolsheviki, General COE, The Lancerian Empire, and The Democratic States of LibertarianLand.