“Freedom is for everyone”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The United States of Calamazo is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Wilson with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, intelligent population of 6.202 billion Calamazoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Calamazo City. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Calamazo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 19 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Calamazo was endorsed by The United Kingdom of The Teddy.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Calamazo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 4 days ago: Calamazo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 5 days ago: Calamazo was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- 7 days ago: Calamazo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in Calamazo, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit.
Endorsements Received: 76 » Grosseschnauzer, Andromeda Islands, Former English Colony, Pasargad, Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Selfgradatude, Whereisthatistan, Novare Res, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Ischaemia, God n Country n Byron, Democatic Donkeys, New haven america, Ermarian, Magonia, Oilgarchy, Esponnise, My Utopian World, Abs123, McMasterdonia, Ator People, Groovistan, Velon, Espana Japones, Macworld, Jefffliu, Zion-Talmasca, Spadestan, Ascenon, Unimaginable Doom, Bothia, Jahiranna, New Greasbyland, Zertazee, Pluxlups, New hydra and canceron, Mk Steele, Jediahlonia, Renetopia, Everywheristan, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Finely Unionized Network, Rukonia, Thatchertropolis, El Melbos, Olvern, and 26 others.Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Framhaven, The Technocratic Empire of America, Sheldanada, Arcadiom, 007James Bond, New Absurdistan, Eumbner, Giancarlo, Conigsberg, Nphyx, Elevation, Kitabo, Bristol C, Abacathea, Axari, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Wisconsota, Kevaren, Ursusuana, Lionia, Estador, Mary Jayonia, Varovanjov, and The Teddy.