“Hand Me the Gun and Ask Me Again”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: North America
The Particularly Grand Duchy of Caffeinneburg is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Archduke Mister Chris VI with an iron fist, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 22.663 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Public Transport receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Caffeinneburg City. The average income tax rate is 41%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, the government is spending billions of taxpayer orichalks to support the Uranium Mining industry, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and Caffeinneburg's soft-touch approach to diplomacy has made it known as the 'push-over' of the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Caffeinneburg's national animal is the alzabo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the orichalk.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 19 days ago: Caffeinneburg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 32 days ago: Caffeinneburg was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 36 days ago: Caffeinneburg was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Nova Britannica.
- 69 days ago: Caffeinneburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 87 days ago: Caffeinneburg altered its national flag.
- 91 days ago: Caffeinneburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 108 days ago: Caffeinneburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 108 days ago: Caffeinneburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 118 days ago: Caffeinneburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 119 days ago: Caffeinneburg was endorsed by The United People's Republic of Orokosa.