The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, cultured nation, notable for its public floggings, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.069 billion Byzantians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 41.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 3,062 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,762 bezants, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cops enjoy driving jaywalkers into the ground, the tenet of free speech is held dear, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, and the number of children one can have is restricted by law. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 3 hours ago: Byzant was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Perfect Sublime Masters.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the number of children one can have is restricted by law.
- 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, cops enjoy driving jaywalkers into the ground.
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 3 days ago: Byzant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Right to a Lawful Divorce"".
- 5 days ago: Byzant was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, voting is voluntary.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, mysterious black helicopters menace farmers to ensure compliance with straitjacketing agricultural policies.
Endorsements Received: 24 » --Camila--, Empirix, Zyonn, Zdravstvuite, Trawa, Unavailable, Liuchong, Bvriania, Stabilitatem, Sedgistan, Unibot III, Pan-Euroasia, Golarion, Keefenstein, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Asada Shino, Cocaine factory island, Lovesmanville, Pactra, Romosia, Farrakhan, and Perfect Sublime Masters.