The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, ubiquitous missile silos, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.478 billion Byzantians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 39.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 3,114 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,564 bezants, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, the tenet of free speech is held dear, students cut up leftover bezants during Arts and Crafts, and truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Byzant is ranked 124th in the Rejected Realms and 7,748th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 330 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 3 hours ago: Byzant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Preserving Antimicrobials".
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, students cut up leftover bezants during Arts and Crafts.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Byzant was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter.
- 6 days ago: Byzant was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 9 days ago: Byzant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The Gem Trading Accord"".
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
Endorsements Received: 28 » --Camila--, Empirix, Zyonn, Zdravstvuite, Trawa, Unavailable, Liuchong, Bvriania, Stabilitatem, Sedgistan, Pan-Euroasia, Keefenstein, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Asada Shino, Pactra, Romosia, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Sima Zhao, Kerbature, Dainami, Pequeno Socialist Republics, Panormia, Cocaine factory island, Guy, and Razorback.