The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.73 billion Byzantians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 48.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 3,017 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 138,875 bezants, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, CDs are regularly copy-protected, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, and the nation is now proudly cholera-free. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the nation is now proudly cholera-free.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Byzant was endorsed by The Federation of Independent State of Victoria.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Byzant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Byzant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Byzant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 1%).
- 4 days ago: Byzant was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, CDs are regularly copy-protected.
- 7 days ago: Byzant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 9 days ago: Byzant fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
Endorsements Received: 24 » --Camila--, Empirix, Zyonn, Zdravstvuite, Trawa, Unavailable, Liuchong, Bvriania, Stabilitatem, Sedgistan, Unibot III, Hemingford, Pan-Euroasia, Marrow Wind, Golarion, Keefenstein, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, Loftegen, The tiny dot, Asada Shino, Cocaine factory island, Lovesmanville, and Independent State of Victoria.