The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 23.101 billion Byzantians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 38.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 3,225 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,635 bezants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and it's always rabbit season. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, notable individuals are granted land and titles.
- : Byzant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- : Byzant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : Byzant was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Volkswald.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, sleazy politicans exploit the Parliamentary Code of Conduct to purge their rivals.
Endorsements Received: 28 » --Camila--, Empirix, Zyonn, Zdravstvuite, Trawa, Unavailable, Liuchong, Stabilitatem, Sedgistan, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Pactra, Romosia, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Dainami, Panormia, Guy, Razorback, Caneighda, NowrojiCamp, Bebis, Konblia, Uchu, Rabidragonia, and Kikomo.