“In hoc signo vinces”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.55 billion Byzantians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 50.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 3,109 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 144,301 bezants, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Healthcare funding has been cut, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, and disaster victims are viewed with disdain. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, disaster victims are viewed with disdain.
- 22 hours ago: Byzant was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Devout (last census: #1).
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Byzant was endorsed by The Rejected Lands of Cocaine factory island.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- 4 days ago: Byzant was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Black Hordes.
- 4 days ago: Byzant endorsed The Dominion of Asada Shino.
- 5 days ago: Byzant was endorsed by The Dominion of Asada Shino.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- 5 days ago: Byzant was endorsed by The Republic of Comrade Kennedy.
- 5 days ago: Byzant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
Endorsements Received: 25 » --Camila--, Empirix, Zyonn, Zdravstvuite, Trawa, Unavailable, Liuchong, Bvriania, Stabilitatem, Sedgistan, Unibot III, Addled Braintopia, Hemingford, Pan-Euroasia, Marrow Wind, Golarion, Keefenstein, Sarotte, Moerderreich, Farmora, Eight Hippopotamuses, Loftegen, The tiny dot, Asada Shino, and Cocaine factory island.