The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 25.373 billion Byzantians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration aren't funded at all. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 3,062 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,705 bezants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, chickens roam the streets freely, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Byzant was endorsed by The Autonomous Squatter Commune of A Classless Society.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, chickens roam the streets freely.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, minor parties are virtually absent in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, eagle sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, school children across the country are staging hunger strikes to protest government-mandated salads.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, denied drugs and entertainment the nation's youth are taking to petty crime to alleviate their boredom.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments.
- : Byzant was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Empirix, Zdravstvuite, Liuchong, Sarotte, Pactra, Romosia, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Panormia, Razorback, Caneighda, Rabidragonia, Cocaine factory island, Vladak, Saundie, Libetarian Republics, The Siths Lords, Unibot III, Doormat to the Lord, Bowiemoria, Pan-Euroasia, UKIMAR RBON, Stabilitatem, Pastafarianism Is Love, Herewestand, Novalium, Hacksylvania, Tienchiistein, True Koreas Peoples Nation of Democracy, Cleo and Topaz, Fuffopia, Freedom States Republic, Robcook, and A Classless Society.