The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, zero percent divorce rate, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 23.377 billion Byzantians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 38.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Byzantian economy, worth a remarkable 3,285 trillion bezants a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 140,530 bezants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
School uniforms are compulsory, artists are pillars of society, nudity is frowned upon, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Byzant was endorsed by The Confederacy of Saundie.
- : Byzant was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Average.
- : Byzant was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Average.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, nudity is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, artists are pillars of society.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- : Following new legislation in Byzant, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Empirix, Zyonn, Zdravstvuite, Trawa, Liuchong, Stabilitatem, Sedgistan, Pan-Euroasia, Sarotte, Eight Hippopotamuses, The tiny dot, Pactra, Romosia, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Panormia, Guy, Razorback, Caneighda, NowrojiCamp, Konblia, Uchu, Rabidragonia, American Canada, Cocaine factory island, Vladak, and Saundie.