“In hoc signo vinces”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the Rejected Realms
The Holy Empire of Byzant is a gargantuan, devout nation, notable for its ban on automobiles. The compassionate, intelligent population of 20.583 billion Byzantians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Education. The average income tax rate is 5%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas, and the government is reining in public spending. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byzant's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the bezant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the government is reining in public spending.
- 11 hours ago: Byzant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fertile Farmland Protection".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Byzant endorsed The United peoples union of Rolf harris.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, eight year-olds can be seen lighting up in public areas.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Byzant was endorsed by The United peoples union of Rolf harris.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Byzant endorsed The Nomadic Ori'ramikad of Arutiise.
- 4 days ago: Byzant was endorsed by The Nomadic Ori'ramikad of Arutiise.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Byzant, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons'.
Endorsements Received: 24 » --Camila--, Empirix, Zyonn, Zdravstvuite, Trawa, Unavailable, Liuchong, Bvriania, Stabilitatem, Xii, Al Bessarabia, Cocaine factory island, Sedgistan, Unibot III, Hurbania, One Vision, Addled Braintopia, Smurflandia, Hallowell, Hemingford, Pan-Euroasia, Marrow Wind, Arutiise, and Rolf harris.