The Empire of Byronmandy is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Roland Bedivere with an iron fist, and remarkable for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 13.445 billion Byronmadians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olympus. The average income tax rate is 1.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Byronmandyian economy, worth a remarkable 2,520 trillion Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 187,491 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Daily newspapers are permitted to run only pro-government stories, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byronmandy's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 5 days ago: Byronmandy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 11 days ago: Byronmandy fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 13 days ago: Byronmandy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 14 days ago: Byronmandy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: Byronmandy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 19 days ago: Byronmandy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 19 days ago: Byronmandy's influence in Modorra rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 24 days ago: Byronmandy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Byronmandy, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Byronmandy, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.