The Empire of Byronmandy is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Roland Bedivere with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 14.234 billion Byronmadians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Olympus. The average income tax rate is 1.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Byronmandyian economy, worth a remarkable 2,675 trillion Crowns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 187,938 Crowns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The military is recruiting war criminals to join its weapons research teams, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Wolfball fields, randomly bombing neighboring countries has become the new national sport, and bleach is the nation's most common pesticide. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Byronmandy's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Byronmandy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- : Byronmandy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Byronmandy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Byronmandy's influence in Modorra rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- : Byronmandy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Byronmandy fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Byronmandy fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Byronmandy, bleach is the nation's most common pesticide.
- : Following new legislation in Byronmandy, randomly bombing neighboring countries has become the new national sport.
- : Following new legislation in Byronmandy, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Wolfball fields.