The Free Land of Butea is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, ritual sacrifices, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 5.41 billion Buteans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Industry, although Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Braila City. The average income tax rate is 28.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Butean economy, worth 550 trillion RONS a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Soda Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 101,680 RONS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, abortions are routinely performed in Butea's hospitals, knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Butea's national animal is the LEU, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Butea fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Butea fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Butea was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.