“Freedom for all”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Buschgardensburg is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by a President with an even hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.07 billion Buschgardensburgians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Army rations are served on silver platters, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, international tensions are high as Buschgardensburg threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Buschgardensburg's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the newt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 18 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "No Penalty Without Law".
- 21 days ago: Buschgardensburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 24 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Riftend".
- 24 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Cyber Security Act".
- 30 days ago: Buschgardensburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 31 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 35 days ago: Buschgardensburg fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 35 days ago: Buschgardensburg was reclassified from "Capitalizt" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 36 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
Endorsements Received: 29 » Yaorozu, McMasterdonia, Groovistan, Blackshear41, Rukonia, Esponnise, Grosseschnauzer, Novare Res, Macworld, HMS Unicorn, Democatic Donkeys, Ator People, God n Country n Byron, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Andromeda Islands, Olvern, Framhaven, Whereisthatistan, Former English Colony, New Absurdistan, Pasargad, Bristol C, Abacathea, 007James Bond, Lokarth, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Eumbner, and Giancarlo.