“Freedom for all”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Buschgardensburg is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by a President with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.278 billion Buschgardensburgians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 28%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Army rations are served on silver platters, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, international tensions are high as Buschgardensburg threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Buschgardensburg's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the newt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days ago
- 3 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 12 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 13 days ago: Buschgardensburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 15 days ago: Buschgardensburg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 15 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 15 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Debris Prevention".
- 18 days ago: Buschgardensburg was endorsed by The Republic of Indonesa.
- 19 days ago: Buschgardensburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- 19 days ago: Buschgardensburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average.
- 26 days ago: Buschgardensburg was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 28 » Yaorozu, McMasterdonia, Groovistan, Blackshear41, Esponnise, Grosseschnauzer, Novare Res, Macworld, HMS Unicorn, Democatic Donkeys, Ator People, God n Country n Byron, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Andromeda Islands, Olvern, Framhaven, Whereisthatistan, Former English Colony, New Absurdistan, Pasargad, Bristol C, Abacathea, Lokarth, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Eumbner, Great Bights Mum, and Indonesa.