“Freedom for all”
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Buschgardensburg is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by a President with an even hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.848 billion Buschgardensburgians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 25%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Uranium Mining.
Army rations are served on silver platters, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, international tensions are high as Buschgardensburg threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Buschgardensburg's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the newt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: Buschgardensburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 11 hours ago: Buschgardensburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Buschgardensburg was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- 5 days ago: Buschgardensburg fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 9 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Spills and Leaks".
- 9 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 11 days ago: Buschgardensburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
- 12 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".
- 16 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance"".
Endorsements Received: 30 » Yaorozu, McMasterdonia, Groovistan, Blackshear41, Rukonia, Esponnise, Grosseschnauzer, Novare Res, Macworld, HMS Unicorn, Democatic Donkeys, Ator People, God n Country n Byron, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Everywheristan, Andromeda Islands, Olvern, Framhaven, Whereisthatistan, Former English Colony, New Absurdistan, Pasargad, Bristol C, Abacathea, 007James Bond, Lokarth, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Eumbner, and Giancarlo.