“Freedom for all”
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Buschgardensburg is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by a President with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.271 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Pizza Delivery and Uranium Mining.
Army rations are served on silver platters, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, international tensions are high as Buschgardensburg threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Buschgardensburg's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the newt.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 23 hours ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 8 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 8 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Planetary Annihilation".
- 10 days ago: Buschgardensburg was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Boompa.
- 10 days ago: Buschgardensburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Code of Maritime Law".
- 10 days ago: Buschgardensburg endorsed The Empire of Pasargad.
- 12 days ago: Buschgardensburg was endorsed by The Empire of Pasargad.
- 13 days ago: Buschgardensburg was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 27 » Yaorozu, McMasterdonia, Groovistan, Blackshear41, Rukonia, Transcostrian Federative Republic, Esponnise, Grosseschnauzer, Novare Res, Macworld, HMS Unicorn, Emmerian Republic, Democatic Donkeys, Ator People, God n Country n Byron, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Everywheristan, Andromeda Islands, Olvern, Framhaven, Avalon, Whereisthatistan, One Vision, Former English Colony, New Absurdistan, and Pasargad.