“No. You. Can't!!!”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Theocracy of Bullintine is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Your Grace with an iron fist, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 5.101 billion Bullintineans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The enormous, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Glorth. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.6%.
The powerhouse Bullintinean economy, worth 420 trillion Leaves a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is 82,457 Leaves, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Immigrant herding has become a national pastime, the eerie remains of the final shuttle mission orbit in silence as a sober reminder of the abandoned space program, fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government, and large areas of Bullintine are not accessible by the public. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bullintine's national animal is the Wellington, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is United Methodism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Bullintine was endorsed by The Free Land of The Peach Islands.
- 7 days ago: Bullintine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Bullintine, large areas of Bullintine are not accessible by the public.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Bullintine, fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Bullintine, the eerie remains of the final shuttle mission orbit in silence as a sober reminder of the abandoned space program.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Bullintine, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Bullintine, train stations can be 'armful places.
- 8 days ago: Bullintine voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 8 days ago: Bullintine voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 20 days ago: Bullintine fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
Endorsements Received: 41 » The Soylent Green Party, Grungerock, Yatsuhashimurasaki, Dustwind, Screaming Saint, The Iron Crown Order, Peggy Carter, Wysrod, Ze Czech, Christian Indonesia, The imperial state of Japan, Markanite, Steidenland, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Earth Federation, Fujisan, Anollasia, Ellaria, Randomain, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Chronopolice, No Hope, Rex Republic, Lamborghini Murcielago, AquilaJordyn, Blogotopia, Zyrcrestia, Nubpryton, Theviolentninjaland, Coreras, Rainbow Dashers, Richecstan, Weaubleau, Mystiquelle, IceXChaos, Wisdomseekers, JaySevenLand, Osea Island, Czechoslovachia, Federation of Science and Freedom, and The Peach Islands.