|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
Location: The Imperial Guard
The Democratic Republic of Budisel is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Du' lami with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.948 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Budisel City. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Tourism and Information Technology.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is totally unknown. Budisel's national animal is the Dolphin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Pacifi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 minutes ago
- 21 hours ago: Budisel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Budisel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 9 days ago: Budisel voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 10 days ago: Budisel was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Budisel became WA Delegate of The Imperial Guard.
- 12 days ago: Budisel was endorsed by The Imperial Nation of Takuetsu.
- 17 days ago: Budisel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 17 days ago: Budisel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Budisel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 31 days ago: Budisel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Takuetsu.