The Duck Hockey Republic of BuckyHermit is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Teemu Selanne with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 8.976 billion BuckyHermitians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Industry, with Education also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Anaheim. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient BuckyHermitian economy, worth a remarkable 2,442 trillion pucks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Soda Sales, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 272,130 pucks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
The bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Anaheim, army rations are served on silver platters, punitive tariffs protect local industry, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. BuckyHermit's national animal is the Wild Wing, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Church of Teemu Selanne.
BuckyHermit is ranked 1st in California and 283rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 1,676 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BuckyHermit's influence in California rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : BuckyHermit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : BuckyHermit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- : BuckyHermit was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in BuckyHermit, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in BuckyHermit, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in BuckyHermit, army rations are served on silver platters.
- : BuckyHermit was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : BuckyHermit fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in BuckyHermit, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Anaheim.