“All for love, and nothing for reward!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic Republic of Bruyn is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.267 billion Bruynians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bruyn City. The average income tax rate is 62%. A healthy private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Trout Farming and Furniture Restoration.
A weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, the upper class have been throwing riots after hunting was recently banned, Leader has just been declared ruler of Bruyn in an international press conference, and the streets are ravaged by murder and violence to prove political points. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a serious problem. Bruyn's national animal is the white-headed capuchin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the petrel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 13 days ago: Bruyn was refounded in Lazarus.
- 33 days ago: Bruyn ceased to exist.
- 86 days ago: Bruyn was refounded in Balder.
- 94 days ago: Bruyn ceased to exist.
- 122 days ago: Bruyn was refounded in Balder.
- 166 days ago: Bruyn ceased to exist.
- 222 days ago: Bruyn was refounded in Lazarus.
- 351 days ago: Bruyn ceased to exist.
- 1 year 26 days ago: Bruyn was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 1 year 84 days ago: Bruyn altered its national flag.