The United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by King Kyle II with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 21.538 billion Nord-Brutlandese love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Defense, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kingsville. The average income tax rate is 69.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Nord-Brutlandese economy, worth a remarkable 1,219 trillion livroes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,631 livroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The travel industry is booming as pregnant women book tickets for "weekend trips" overseas, bris parties are all the rage, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brutland and Norden's national animal is the Brute cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Brutland and Norden's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Brutland and Norden lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Brutland and Norden altered its national flag.
- : Brutland and Norden relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Brutland and Norden was refounded in Balder.
- : Brutland and Norden ceased to exist.
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output and Best Weather and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education and Most Devout.
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.