The United Kingdom of Brutland and Norden is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by King Kyle II with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 20.034 billion Nord-Brutlandese love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Welfare, with Education, Defense, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kingsville. The average income tax rate is 71.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Nord-Brutlandese economy, worth a remarkable 1,159 trillion livroes a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 57,891 livroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, the travel industry is booming as pregnant women book tickets for "weekend trips" overseas, bris parties are all the rage, and abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brutland and Norden's national animal is the Brute cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Brutland and Norden's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Brutland and Norden lodged a message on the The North Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Brutland and Norden, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances.
- : Brutland and Norden fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Brutland and Norden, bris parties are all the rage.
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- : Brutland and Norden's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Brutland and Norden was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.