The Community of Brittanican is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Chief Executive Ryan Freeman with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 6.549 billion Brittanics are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Powell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Brittanicanian economy, worth 760 trillion Anzian Florins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 116,051 Anzian Florins, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Brittanican Blood Tithe, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and environmentalists are staging large protests in front of reopened nuclear power plants. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Brittanican's national animal is the Bulldog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brittanican fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Brittanican's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Brittanican fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Brittanican fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Brittanican's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Brittanican's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Brittanican relocated from Balder to Capitalist Paradise.
- : Brittanican was refounded in Balder.