“Unite et fortis”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Community of Brittanican is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chief Executive Ryan Freeman with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, museums and concert halls, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.262 billion Brittanics are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Powell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Brittanicanian economy, worth 606 trillion Anzian Florins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 115,205 Anzian Florins, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Brittanican Blood Tithe, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and environmentalists are staging large protests in front of reopened nuclear power plants. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Brittanican's national animal is the Bulldog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 8 days ago: Brittanican fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 9 days ago: Brittanican changed its national demonym to "Brittanic".
- 9 days ago: Brittanican altered its national flag.
- 9 days ago: Brittanican was refounded in Lazarus.
- 112 days ago: Brittanican ceased to exist.
- 116 days ago: Brittanican fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 116 days ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- 118 days ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 120 days ago: Brittanican was endorsed by The Federal democracy of The colony of Newfoundland.
- 122 days ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).