“Unite et fortis”
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Community of Brittanican is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chief Executive Ryan Freeman with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.192 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Powell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Gambling industries.
Referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, skateparks can be found in every city, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, and the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Brittanican's national animal is the Bulldog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Anzian Florin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 hours ago: Brittanican voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Jakker".
- 23 hours ago: Brittanican voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Brittanican, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Brittanican lodged a message on the Anzia Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Brittanican, travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs.
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Brittanican lodged a message on the Anzia Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Brittanican voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 5 days ago: Brittanican fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Brittanican, skateparks can be found in every city.
Endorsements Received: None.