The Community of Brittanican is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chief Executive Ryan Freeman with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, unlimited-speed roads, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 6.106 billion Brittanics are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Powell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Brittanicanian economy, worth 708 trillion Anzian Florins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 116,051 Anzian Florins, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Brittanican Blood Tithe, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and environmentalists are staging large protests in front of reopened nuclear power plants. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Brittanican's national animal is the Bulldog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brittanican fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Brittanican's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Brittanican's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Brittanican relocated from Balder to Capitalist Paradise.
- : Brittanican was refounded in Balder.
- : Brittanican ceased to exist.
- : Brittanican was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- : Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- : Brittanican was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.