“Unite et fortis”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The New Commonwealth Society
The Community of Brittanican is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Chief Executive Ryan Freeman with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 4.769 billion Brittanicanians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Powell. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Gambling industries.
'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Brittanican Blood Tithe, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and environmentalists are staging large protests in front of reopened nuclear power plants. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Brittanican's national animal is the Bulldog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Anzian Florin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 37 days ago
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Brittanican was endorsed by The Commun-Richess of Socialistes Utopiques Et Scientifiques.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 4 days ago: Brittanican fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 4 days ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Brittanican was reclassified from "Capitalizt" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 8 days ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Brittanican was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- 14 days ago: Brittanican was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 17 days ago: Brittanican was endorsed by The Kingdom of Kersenboogerd.