The Kingdom of Britcan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Matthew II with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.077 billion Britcanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lontwa. The average income tax rate is 95.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Britcani economy, worth a remarkable 1,506 trillion Pounars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 136,002 Pounars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, Britcan's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britcan's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Britcan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 1%).
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Britcan was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Britcan, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in Britcan, Britcan's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
Endorsements Received: None.