The Kingdom of Britcan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Matthew II with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.284 billion Britcanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lontwa. The average income tax rate is 94.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Britcani economy, worth a remarkable 1,532 trillion Pounars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 135,821 Pounars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, Britcan's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britcan's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Britcan agreed to construct embassies between The Commonwealth Society and The New Commonwealth Society.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Britcan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies.
Endorsements Received: None.