The Kingdom of Britcan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Matthew II with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.47 billion Britcanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lontwa. The average income tax rate is 94.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Britcani economy, worth a remarkable 1,570 trillion Pounars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 136,923 Pounars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, Britcan's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britcan's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Britcan, voting is voluntary.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Britcan agreed to construct embassies between The Commonwealth Society and The New Commonwealth Society.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: None.