The Kingdom of Britcan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by King Matthew II with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 10.901 billion Britcanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lontwa. The average income tax rate is 94.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Britcani economy, worth a remarkable 1,477 trillion Pounars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 135,572 Pounars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britcan's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 39 minutes ago
- 14 hours ago: Britcan lodged a message on the The Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Britcan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 7 days ago: Britcan lodged a message on the The Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Britcan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 10 days ago: Britcan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 17 days ago: Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 25 days ago: Britcan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 25 days ago: Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 29 days ago: Britcan was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 37 days ago: Britcan was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
Endorsements Received: None.