The Kingdom of Britcan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by King Matthew II with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 12.218 billion Britcanis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lontwa. The average income tax rate is 95.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Britcani economy, worth a remarkable 1,663 trillion Pounars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 136,167 Pounars, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
The national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, Britcan's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and voting is voluntary. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britcan's national animal is the Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Britcan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Britcan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Britcan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Britcan's influence in The Commonwealth Society rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- : Britcan unsuppressed a post on the The Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.