“In God We Trust ”
Regional Influence: Instigator
Location: The Allied States
The United States of Britarvia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Louise Rainhard with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 10.521 billion Britarvians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The large, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Columbia. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, all streets are privately owned toll roads, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Britarvia's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Freedom of Religion, and its currency is the Bavern.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Britarvia lodged a message on the The Allied States Regional Message Board.
- 21 hours ago: Britarvia was endorsed by The Absolutist Kingdom of ALL COMMUNIST CHINA.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Britarvia was ranked #1 in the region for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Britarvia lodged a message on the The Allied States Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Britarvia changed its national motto to "In God We Trust ".
- 4 days ago: Britarvia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Britarvia was endorsed by The Fearsome Tribes of The Murloc.
- 11 days ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 12 days ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 10%).