“With God as Our Defender”
Regional Influence: Contender
The Holy Kingdom of Britarvia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Sariah with an even hand, and renowned for its ritual sacrifices, public floggings, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 11.607 billion Britarvians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Law & Order is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rushmore. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Britarvian economy, worth a remarkable 2,239 trillion Peslars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 192,967 Peslars, with the richest citizens earning 8.1 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, all streets are privately owned toll roads, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Britarvia's national animal is the Honeybee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Reformed Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days ago: Britarvia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 9 days ago: Britarvia lodged a message on the CSSR Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 19 days ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 23 days ago: Britarvia relocated from The North Pacific to CSSR.
- 23 days ago: Britarvia relocated from CSSR to The North Pacific.
- 24 days ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 26 days ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR rose from "Minnow" to "Diplomat".
Endorsements Received: None.