“In God We Trust”
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The United States of Britarvia is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by President Louise Rainhard with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.119 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The small, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Columbia. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
The judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted, referenda are held for every conceivable government action, and the nation leads CSSR in per capita stalking. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Britarvia's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Freedom of Religion, and its currency is the Bavern.
Most Recent Government Activity: 74 minutes ago
- 5 hours ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Britarvia updated the World Factbook entry in CSSR.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Britarvia lodged a message on the CSSR Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Britarvia's influence in CSSR rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 4 days ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 7 days ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 1 » GSSR.