“In God We Trust ”
Regional Influence: Enforcer
Location: Republic of Conservadom
The United States of Britarvia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Louise Rainhard with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 11.219 billion Britarvians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The large, corrupt, liberal government devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Columbia. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Book Publishing.
Citizens are bombarded with advertising from their compulsory miniature radios, all streets are privately owned toll roads, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses, and insurance companies charge extortionate premiums to cover homes near waterways. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Britarvia's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Freedom of Religion, and its currency is the Bavern.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Britarvia's influence in Republic of Conservadom rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- 15 days ago: Britarvia's influence in Republic of Conservadom rose from "Contender" to "Dealmaker".
- 15 days ago: Britarvia was endorsed by The New Dolphin Republic of Tomasferaranland.
- 18 days ago: Britarvia's influence in Republic of Conservadom rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 19 days ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 22 days ago: Britarvia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 24 days ago: Britarvia's influence in Republic of Conservadom rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 25 days ago: Britarvia ejected and banned The Natalia Cuteness of Vandoosa Eins from Republic of Conservadom.
- 25 days ago: Britarvia banned The Cimmerian Assassins of Zeliana from Republic of Conservadom.
- 25 days ago: Britarvia ejected and banned The Queendom of CIA Agent from Republic of Conservadom.
Endorsements Received: None.