“Mother of the Free”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Crown Commonwealth of Britannic Realms is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Christian I with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.438 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Gambling and Woodchip Exports.
Copyright laws have been abolished, corporate lobbying has been outlawed, rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Pounds of property damage, and citizens are known to cast their votes by flipping a Pound. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannic Realms's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Church of England, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 103 minutes ago
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 6 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 8 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Giancarlo.
- 8 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 9 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 10 days ago: Britannic Realms fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 10 days ago: Britannic Realms fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 15 days ago: Britannic Realms endorsed The Empire of Pasargad.
- 19 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 19 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Empire of Pasargad.
Endorsements Received: 26 » God n Country n Byron, Alunya, McMasterdonia, Democatic Donkeys, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Olvern, Esponnise, Blackshear41, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Everywheristan, Selfgradatude, Moany Old Gits, Macworld, Avalon, Novare Res, Ator People, Whereisthatistan, Framhaven, New Absurdistan, Former English Colony, Eumbner, Pasargad, and Giancarlo.