“Mother of the Free”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: European Coal and Steel Community
The Crown Commonwealth of Britannic Realms is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Christian I with a fair hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.733 billion Britons enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. The average income tax rate is 71%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Retail industry.
Noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannic Realms's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Church of England, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Britannic Realms's influence in European Coal and Steel Community fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 26 days ago: Britannic Realms updated the World Factbook entry in European Coal and Steel Community.
- 37 days ago: Britannic Realms fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 40 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 46 days ago: Britannic Realms altered the regional flag of European Coal and Steel Community.
- 46 days ago: Britannic Realms barred WA Delegate access to Regional Control in European Coal and Steel Community.
- 48 days ago: Britannic Realms's influence in European Coal and Steel Community rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 49 days ago: Britannic Realms's influence in European Coal and Steel Community fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- 54 days ago: Britannic Realms fell out of the world Top 1% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 84 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
Endorsements Received: None.