“Mother of the Free”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Versutian Federation
The Crown Commonwealth of Britannic Realms is a massive, safe nation, ruled by King Christian I with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.414 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail, Gambling, and Book Publishing industries.
Schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, the nation is reliant on the principle of mutually assured destruction to maintain its security, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and the dead are minced up and sold to people in burger form. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannic Realms's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Church of England, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 12 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Allied States of Idachasse.
- 12 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Incorporated States of The Kingdom of Hasahmistan.
- 18 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Republic of Kuaziland.
- 18 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Astracarn.
- 24 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 35 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 44 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 44 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 51 days ago: Britannic Realms fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 52 days ago: Following new legislation in Britannic Realms, the dead are minced up and sold to people in burger form.