“Mother of the Free”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: European Coal and Steel Community
The Crown Commonwealth of Britannic Realms is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Christian I with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.992 billion Britons enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Retail industry.
Motels cater primarily to adulterers, discarded pennies litter the streets, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, and Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannic Realms's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Church of England, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 4 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 5 days ago: Britannic Realms fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 14 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Welfare in Adoption".
- 19 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Wildfires".
- 24 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 27 days ago: Britannic Realms changed its national demonym to "Briton" and its demonym adjective to "British".
- 29 days ago: Britannic Realms granted posting privileges on the European Coal and Steel Community Message Board to Delegates and Founders of embassy regions.
- 29 days ago: Britannic Realms agreed to construct embassies between European Coal and Steel Community and The Illuminati.
- 30 days ago: Following new legislation in Britannic Realms, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
Endorsements Received: None.