The Crown Commonwealth of Britannic Realms is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by King Christian I with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.308 billion Britons are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 70.6%.
The frighteningly efficient British economy, worth 345 trillion Pounds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. Average income is 54,727 Pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 160,581 per year while the poor average 14,702, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Eminent domain has been abolished, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannic Realms's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Church of England.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 5 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 23 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 33 days ago: Britannic Realms altered its national flag.
- 33 days ago: Britannic Realms was refounded in Balder.
- 33 days ago: Britannic Realms ceased to exist.
- 36 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 47 days ago: Britannic Realms's influence in European coal and steel community fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- 53 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 55 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 78 days ago: Britannic Realms was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".