“Mother of the Free”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Versutian Federation
The Crown Commonwealth of Britannic Realms is a massive, safe nation, ruled by King Christian I with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.601 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 62%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Gambling and Book Publishing.
Politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The London Times is sold out, strategic bombers are being converted into preschools, and elected officials often serve for decades in a single term. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannic Realms's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Church of England, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 14 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 4 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Confederate States of Amarthia.
- 18 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Deluxa.
- 19 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The VF Minister of Immigration of Regnum Dominae.
- 27 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Paranads.
- 29 days ago: Britannic Realms was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 32 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 32 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.