“Mother of the Free”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Crown Commonwealth of Britannic Realms is a massive, safe nation, ruled by King Christian I with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.177 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Gambling and Book Publishing.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the nation is famous for having one of the world's largest Lion hunting institutions, police officers have been re-kitted with designer uniforms and gold plated handcuffs, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannic Realms's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Church of England, and its currency is the Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 hours ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Framhaven.
- 4 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 5 days ago: Britannic Realms was endorsed by The Anarcho-Capitalist Ogre Fans of Whereisthatistan.
- 9 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Cultural Site Preservation".
- 13 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reproductive Freedoms".
- 17 days ago: Britannic Realms voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Assisted Suicide Act".
- 18 days ago: Britannic Realms was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 18 days ago: Britannic Realms was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
Endorsements Received: 21 » God n Country n Byron, Alunya, McMasterdonia, Democatic Donkeys, Grosseschnauzer, Yaorozu, Groovistan, Olvern, Esponnise, Blackshear41, HMS Unicorn, Rukonia, Everywheristan, Selfgradatude, Moany Old Gits, Macworld, Avalon, Novare Res, Ator People, Whereisthatistan, and Framhaven.