“The State is Right, Not Left or Center”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Democratic State of Britannia Singapore is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by Governor-President Kimmy with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, cynical population of 5.428 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Singapore City. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to Britannia Singapore's border, Amnesty Interregional has condemned Britannia Singapore for ignoring crimes against humanity, a new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, and military spending is on the increase. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Britannia Singapore's national animal is the Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Secular yet religious , and its currency is the Britannian Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 25 days ago
- 11 days ago: Britannia Singapore was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Britannia Singapore was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 24 days ago: Britannia Singapore was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 27 days ago: Britannia Singapore was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 28 days ago: Britannia Singapore was refounded in Balder.
- 33 days ago: Britannia Singapore ceased to exist.
- 47 days ago: Britannia Singapore fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 49 days ago: Britannia Singapore was endorsed by The Republic of Korodas.
- 50 days ago: Britannia Singapore was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Elentia.
- 58 days ago: Britannia Singapore was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Iyadara.