“I am the King! I am the King!”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: Free States of Gaia
The United Kingdoms of Brian Boruma is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Brian Boru with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 20.233 billion Brian Borumen are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boru. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 67%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
King Brian Boru has just been declared ruler of Brian Boruma in an international press conference, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, and X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brian Boruma's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 40 days ago: Brian Boruma's influence in Free States of Gaia rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 83 days ago: Brian Boruma fell out of the world Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- 119 days ago: Brian Boruma fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 150 days ago: Brian Boruma fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 195 days ago: Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- 211 days ago: Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 246 days ago: Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Defense Forces.
- 275 days ago: Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 275 days ago: Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 290 days ago: Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).