The United Kingdoms of Brian Boruma is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by King Brian Boru with an iron fist, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 22.422 billion Brian Borumen are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The large, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boru. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 53.6%.
The strong Brian Boruman economy, worth a remarkable 1,512 trillion pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Retail. Average income is 67,436 pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 313,298 per year while the poor average 8,723, a ratio of 35.9 to 1.
King Brian Boru has just been declared ruler of Brian Boruma in an international press conference, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail, and X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Brian Boruma's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brian Boruma altered its national flag.
- : Brian Boruma relocated from Lazarus to Free States of Gaia.
- : Brian Boruma was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Brian Boruma ceased to exist.
- : Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive (last census: Top 10%).
- : Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 10%).
- : Brian Boruma fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- : Brian Boruma's influence in Free States of Gaia rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Brian Boruma was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.