The Commonwealth of Bretony is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor of Bretony with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 17.222 billion Bretons enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense and Industry are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Forthampton. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Breton economy, worth a remarkable 5,626 trillion mark sterlings a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 326,729 mark sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave, and more and more students are taking up a career in medicine. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Bretony's national animal is the Mockingjay, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 6 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Bretony, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Bretony, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Bretony changed its national motto to "Order, Progress, Liberty".
- 9 days ago: Bretony fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 9 days ago: Bretony fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 24 days ago: Bretony was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 1%).
- 28 days ago: Bretony was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 37 days ago: Bretony was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 5%).
- 55 days ago: Bretony was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Capitalizt".
- 55 days ago: Following new legislation in Bretony, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.