The Commonwealth of Bretony is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Chancellor Laura Roslin with a fair hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, smutty television, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 18.099 billion Bretons hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, although Industry and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Forthampton. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Breton economy, worth a remarkable 5,636 trillion Crown sterlings a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 311,442 Crown sterlings, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, major internet servers have acquired citizenship, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, and people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Bretony's national animal is the Eagle Owl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bretony was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Bretony was endorsed by The Beast of Balder of North East Somerset.
- : Bretony's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Bretony was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Bretony, people are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer.
- : Following new legislation in Bretony, truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news.
- : Following new legislation in Bretony, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Bretony, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Bretony, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Following new legislation in Bretony, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.