“For God, For Bresdenn, For Mankind!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Most Christian Realm of Bresdenn is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Brian IV of the Bresdennian Realm with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 6.56 billion Bresdennians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Corlo. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, tax rises are attributed to divine will, and the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bresdenn's national animal is the Bresdennian Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is The Holy Bresdennian Baptist Church, and its currency is the Bresdennian Bill.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 7 days ago: Bresdenn fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 20 days ago: Bresdenn was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Following new legislation in Bresdenn, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 32 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Ramifications of Goat Horns.
- 36 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Democratic States of Amsonia.
- 46 days ago: Bresdenn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Improving Wordiness".
- 47 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The GRO wants to sleep of Anime Daisuki.
- 53 days ago: Following new legislation in Bresdenn, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- 56 days ago: Following new legislation in Bresdenn, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 57 days ago: Bresdenn endorsed The Island Republic of Markanite.