“For God, For Bresdenn, For Mankind!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Most Christian Realm of Bresdenn is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by King Brian IV of the Bresdennian Realm with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.169 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Corlo. The average income tax rate is 77%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and students who refuse to pray are expelled from school. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bresdenn's national animal is the Bresdennian Dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Holy Bresdennian Baptist Church, and its currency is the Bresdennian Bill.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Mondragonia.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Bresdenn published "The Office of the Secretariat" (Factbook: Politics).
- 4 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Taco Autocracy of Benevolent Thomas.
- 10 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Anarchy of Blogotopia.
- 11 days ago: Bresdenn published "Ggg" (Factbook: Overview).
- 15 days ago: Bresdenn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 15 days ago: Bresdenn was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 18 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Wiki Reference of Indian Empire.
- 19 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Republic of ProgUtopia.
- 26 days ago: Bresdenn was endorsed by The Hidden Valley of Spadanera.