“Can't compete on price or quality that leaves fraud.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Brentwood is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 3.62 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Commerce and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Brentwood City. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Information Technology.
The newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry, the government is spending billions of taxpayer Dollars to support the Tourism industry, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brentwood's national animal is the wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 4 days ago: Brentwood was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 5 days ago: Brentwood was endorsed by The Empire of Obliheim.
- 5 days ago: Brentwood was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 5 days ago: Brentwood was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Brentwood, organ donation is compulsory.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Brentwood, the government is spending billions of taxpayer Dollars to support the Tourism industry.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Brentwood, most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Brentwood, the newspaper industry is subsidised by the government in order to keep it afloat.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Brentwood, racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation.
- 6 days ago: Brentwood voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
Endorsements Received: 42 » Tartanic Isle, Azuan, Biawy Mgla, Daevrojnia, THX1138, The Golden Oldies, Lugus Triune, San Whoopee, Thorsager, Trevrid, Pai Lei, Nexus Star, Gipper-Win, Barloq, Port de Land, Raeith, Neslandia, Solorni, Pahamak, Gmith, Greater Alesia, Drommavere, Kibraltaro, Crownlands, Jeff-Miles, The Siths Lords, Isidor C Stark, Donovon, Sou Beil, Libetarian Kingdoms, Capetonia, Azetlan, One United Republic, Palthos, Lariladric, Pontium, Cocktail Waitresses, Kelsonkoh, Sakash, Fooooooooo, Kaltera, and Obliheim.