|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Grand Empire of Brennettslavia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Grand Emperor Dreisatz with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 9.714 billion Brennettslavians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Gambling, and Book Publishing industries.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, nobody ever seems to enter or leave the armour-plated flying castle that serves as Brennettslavia's House of Parliament, nudity is frowned upon, and prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Brennettslavia's national animal is the owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Monarch Cult, and its currency is the Imperial Slavic Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Brennettslavia was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Brennettslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- 6 days ago: Brennettslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Brennettslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 7 days ago: Brennettslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 8 days ago: Brennettslavia was refounded in Balder.
- 14 days ago: Brennettslavia ceased to exist.
- 14 days ago: Brennettslavia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 18 days ago: Brennettslavia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: Brennettslavia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.