The Militarized Republic of BOUGHEYIA is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Ethan Boughey with a fair hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 7.606 billion Bougheyians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Education, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Alexandria. The average income tax rate is 22.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Bougheyian economy, worth a remarkable 1,353 trillion Bougheyian Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 177,914 Bougheyian Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Punitive tariffs protect local industry, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options, even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime is totally unknown. BOUGHEYIA's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Methodist.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BOUGHEYIA's influence in Alliance Of Armed Nations rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : BOUGHEYIA fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : BOUGHEYIA fell out of the regional Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- : Following new legislation in BOUGHEYIA, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : BOUGHEYIA lodged a message on the Alliance Of Armed Nations Regional Message Board.
- : BOUGHEYIA fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in BOUGHEYIA, even the nation's brussel sprouts are delicious and nutritious.
- : Following new legislation in BOUGHEYIA, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- : Following new legislation in BOUGHEYIA, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in BOUGHEYIA, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.