“We always try our best”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Islands of Boring Paradise is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Lord Malik II with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.523 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradisia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Soda Sales industry.
The new Refuse Hills housing development is under construction, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, corporate innovation has effectively ended since ideas can no longer be owned, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boring Paradise's national animal is the Hawka Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Islam, and its currency is the Borish pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Boring Paradise was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Jecatria.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Boring Paradise voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Boring Paradise voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 6 days ago: Boring Paradise voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 7 days ago: Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Boring Paradise, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- 9 days ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.