The Not So Isolated Islands of Boring Paradise is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Lord Malik IV with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ritual sacrifices, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 17.015 billion Paradisians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradisia. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Paradisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,216 trillion Borish pounds a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 130,289 Borish pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boring Paradise's national animal is the Hawka Bear, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Hawkism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed and Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes and Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Boring Paradise's influence in Esportiva fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Boring Paradise's influence in Esportiva rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Boring Paradise was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Tumbran World Assembly Mission.
- : Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary and the Top 10% for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed and Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: None.