“We always try our best”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Islands of Boring Paradise is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord Malik II with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 12.853 billion Paradisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paradisia. The average income tax rate is 76%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Soda Sales industry.
Strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else, the government struggles to keep up with the endless list of petrol disasters, reports of arson have doubled since the introduction of a privatised fire protection service, and the government keeps introducing new foreign species to combat the previous ones it has introduced. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boring Paradise's national animal is the Hawka Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Islam, and its currency is the Borish pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Boring Paradise fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Boring Paradise voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Boring Paradise was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- 8 days ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: Boring Paradise was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of WA Mission of San Jose Guayabal.
- 9 days ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Boring Paradise was endorsed by The Federation of Free Republics.
- 10 days ago: Boring Paradise lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.