“Praise the Sun”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Dominion of Boridia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Sunmane the Lesser with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7.906 billion Boridians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Unicornhold. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears, the government seizes all major gold finds, and the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boridia's national animal is the Turtle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Temple of the Sun, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 15 hours ago
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Boridia was endorsed by The Empire of Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- 4 days ago: Boridia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Arms Protocol".
- 5 days ago: Boridia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- 6 days ago: Boridia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, CEOs can't hear the term 'Fire Sale' without bursting into tears.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- 9 days ago: Boridia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 9 days ago: Boridia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 28 » Todd McCloud, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Kangarawa, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Eruopia, Adolanta, Jrustela, A mean old man, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Mundiferrum, British Grand Pacific, The Shadow Brotherhood, Beckveria, EES, Susanooo, Ramaeus, Rosiel, Stonemarble, Molzavar, Bananalopolis, Krillion213, Providence Spring, Roissyland, and Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia.