“Praise the Sun”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Dominion of Boridia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Sunmane the Lesser with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.66 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Unicornhold. The average income tax rate is 99%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
Boridia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, the government has enacted freedom of information, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Boridia to be bombproof, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Boridia's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Temple of the Sun, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- 12 hours ago: Boridia was endorsed by The Democratic States of Fidbank.
- 14 hours ago: Boridia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Boridia to be bombproof.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Boridia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 2 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Boridia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Boridia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in Boridia, Boridia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 4 days ago: Boridia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
Endorsements Received: 22 » Todd McCloud, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Kangarawa, Packilvania, East Malaysia, Eruopia, Adolanta, Jrustela, Slys Paws, Chung King, A mean old man, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ragnaria, Roissyland, Mundiferrum, Bachtendekuppen, British Grand Pacific, The Shadow Brotherhood, Ritznazzioni, and Fidbank.