The French Royal Fiefdom of Bordeaux is a colossal, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, complete lack of prisons, and complete lack of public education. The hard-working, cynical population of 9.766 billion Bordeauxians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The tiny, well-organized government prioritizes Spirituality, although Industry, Welfare, and Defense are also considered important, while Healthcare and Public Transport receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bordeaux. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.8%.
The thriving Bordeauxian economy, worth 356 trillion Francs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 36,516 Francs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 105,757 per year while the poor average 9,992, a ratio of 10.6 to 1.
Bordeaux has designated Bordeaux as its capital city. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Bordeaux's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bordeaux was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Bordeaux was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry, Largest Cheese Export Sector, and Highest Crime Rates and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Bordeaux was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Bordeaux fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Bordeaux was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Bordeaux's influence in Maltropian Puppet Confederacy fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Truckler".
- : Bordeaux relocated from Balder to Maltropian Puppet Confederacy.
- : Bordeaux altered its national flag.
- : Bordeaux was refounded in Balder.
- : Bordeaux ceased to exist.