“Veni, Vidi, Consternatus Sum.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: Global Right Alliance
The Not So Holy Red Blue Utopias of Bodegraven is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by His Royal Highness Angus Postma with a fair hand, and renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.586 billion hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Bodegraven. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, and manufacturers are sued for almost anything not covered in their catalogue-sized manuals. Crime is totally unknown. Bodegraven's national animal is the Freckled Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Agnostic Theism, and its currency is the BodegravenGulden.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Bodegraven was endorsed by The Empire of Mesrane.
- 4 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked #1 in the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Bodegraven was endorsed by The Emporium of Unnatural Beings of Northern Chittowa.
- 8 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked #1 in the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Bodegraven was endorsed by The New United Realm of Chin-Chillas.
- 10 days ago: Bodegraven voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Anime Daisuki".
- 12 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 14 days ago: Bodegraven was endorsed by The Retired Ranger of Tim Stark.