The Not So Holy Red Blue Utopias of Bodegraven is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by His Royal Highness Angus Postma with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.268 billion Bodegravenaren are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Bodegraven. The income tax rate is 100%.
The very strong Bodegravens economy, worth a remarkable 1,883 trillion BodegravenGuldens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 167,138 BodegravenGuldens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, Bodegraven's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, and His Royal Highness Angus Postma's mistress is the belle at many state balls. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bodegraven's national animal is the Freckled Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnostic Theism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Bodegraven fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 11 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 11 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 20 days ago: Bodegraven fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 25 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Bodegraven lodged a message on the Global Right Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 28 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 36 days ago: Bodegraven lodged a message on the Global Right Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 41 days ago: Following new legislation in Bodegraven, His Royal Highness Angus Postma's mistress is the belle at many state balls.