The Not So Holy Red Blue Utopias of Bodegraven is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by His Royal Highness Angus Postma with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.5 billion Bodegravenaren hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Bodegraven. The income tax rate is 100%.
The strong Bodegravens economy, worth a remarkable 1,627 trillion BodegravenGuldens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 155,025 BodegravenGuldens, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, and refugees from other nations are flocking to Bodegraven's border. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bodegraven's national animal is the Freckled Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnostic Theism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Bodegraven fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 10 days ago: Bodegraven fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 10 days ago: Bodegraven fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 12 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 16 days ago: Following new legislation in Bodegraven, refugees from other nations are flocking to Bodegraven's border.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Bodegraven, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.