The Not So Holy Red Blue Utopias of Bodegraven is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by His Royal Highness Angus Postma with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, rampant corporate plagiarism, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.844 billion Bodegravenaren are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Bodegraven. The income tax rate is 100%.
The very strong Bodegravens economy, worth a remarkable 1,794 trillion BodegravenGuldens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 165,493 BodegravenGuldens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bicycle parking sheds sprout like mushrooms near rail stations after cars are banned, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bodegraven's national animal is the Freckled Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agnostic Theism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bodegraven, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bodegraven, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Bodegraven, the government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces.
- 6 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Bodegraven lodged a message on the Global Right Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: #1).
- 14 days ago: Bodegraven fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 15 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 22 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 23 days ago: Bodegraven was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: #1).