The Matriarchy of Boadiccea is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Booie with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 11.344 billion Boadicceans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hog Mountain. The average income tax rate is 74.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Boadiccean economy, worth 347 trillion Tacituses a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 30,614 Tacituses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The citizenship exam requires years of study to actually pass, military funding has been stripped back, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority. Crime is totally unknown. Boadiccea's national animal is the Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Boadiccea's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Boadiccea relocated from Osiris to The North Pacific.
- : Boadiccea's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Boadiccea's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Boadiccea's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Boadiccea's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Boadiccea was refounded in Osiris.