“And you harm none, do what you will”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Matriarchy of Boadiccea is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Booie with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.147 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hog Mountain. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, Boadiccea's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Boadiccea Blood Tithe, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown. Boadiccea's national animal is the Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Tacitus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Boadiccea endorsed The Anarcho-Capitalist Ogre Fans of Whereisthatistan.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Anarcho-Capitalist Ogre Fans of Whereisthatistan.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- 7 days ago: Boadiccea was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Boadiccea Blood Tithe.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, Boadiccea's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- 11 days ago: Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Boadiccea endorsed The Rogue Nation of Sheldanada.
- 14 days ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Sheldanada.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Democatic Donkeys, Blackshear41, McMasterdonia, Esponnise, Groovistan, Enif, Selfgradatude, Former English Colony, Great Bights Mum, Ator People, Yaorozu, Novare Res, Avalon, Macworld, Grosseschnauzer, Prumkom, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, My Utopian World, Transcostrian Federative Republic, El Melbos, Alunya, Olvern, Kiwitaicho, Everywheristan, Merconitonitopia, Framhaven, God n Country n Byron, Sheldanada, and Whereisthatistan.