The Matriarchy of Boadiccea is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Queen Booie with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 11.709 billion Boadicceans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hog Mountain. The average income tax rate is 76.3%.
The large but inefficient Boadiccean economy, worth 377 trillion Tacituses a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 32,282 Tacituses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
One year's corporation tax from three international megacorporations has funded one dozen shiny black pencils for Queen Booie's office, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime is totally unknown. Boadiccea's national animal is the Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Boadiccea was endorsed by The Deluded Hypocrisy of Wisconsota.
- : Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens and Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Boadiccea, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Boadiccea, school plays were recently banned due to concerns of child endangerment.
- : Following new legislation in Boadiccea, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Boadiccea, one year's corporation tax from three international megacorporations has funded one dozen shiny black pencils for Queen Booie's office.
- : Boadiccea was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Boadiccea, citizens are forced to donate blood once every three months.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The Kingdom Republic of Ceretis.
- : Boadiccea endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Lagondia.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Notyoutopia, Wilkshire, Frances Francis the First of France, Nova Constellation, AdyLand, Inat, Padraigiana, Sunto, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, EretzIsrael, Romaian, Meritdom, Monkie, Shadowrik, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Vantaria, Plembobria, Xentherida, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Avalon, Lord Ravenclaw, Praeceps, Blackshear41, Elspeth and Samina, Territorio di Nessuno, McMasterdonia, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, HMS Unicorn, Holy Oranz, Potistan, Philippedafos, Bharathvarsh, OnionTenshi, Lagondia, Ceretis, and Wisconsota.