The Matriarchy of Boadiccea is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Queen Booie with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 8.288 billion Boadicceans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hog Mountain. The average income tax rate is 85.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Boadiccean economy, worth 148 trillion Tacituses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 17,957 Tacituses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects, the people of Boadiccea are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, and most citizens in Boadiccea are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government. Crime is totally unknown. Boadiccea's national animal is the Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Bule in Java of McMasterdonia.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Protectorate of Bustos-CAM Inc.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Sixth Spice Girl of Pumpkin Spice.
- 4 days ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Britomart.
- 6 days ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Vote Tomb 4 Delegate of TNP of The Democratic Republic of Tomb.
- 7 days ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Vietnam Witches.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, most citizens in Boadiccea are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, the people of Boadiccea are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Democatic Donkeys, Selfgradatude, Former English Colony, Yaorozu, Novare Res, Grosseschnauzer, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Olvern, Framhaven, God n Country n Byron, Sheldanada, Whereisthatistan, Eumbner, Kitabo, Pasargad, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, New Absurdistan, Great Bights Mum, Indonesa, Malvad, Falapatorius, The Teddy, General COE, New Sekai, SillyString, Territorio di Nessuno, Bacon Kingdom, United Chinese Republics, Cronaal, Sadakoyama, Kialga-Lourti, Chinstralia, Vuzalex, Supreme Libertas, Neu-Klagenfurt, Republic of Destiny, The A9, Radlef, Merdir, Gorditania, Grobbiland, Volande, Trivida, Alta Italia, The Kingdom of Earhart, Puerto Rican Independent Republic, Liberitad, Astra Lumina, and 20 others.Daedric Stellar Empire, Tregora, Domitia, Francovania, Bayerischer Freistaat, Haut Beuxeroix, Isloe, Republique autonome du Beuxeroy, Mica Land, Avalon, Whale Republic, Eumenor, Plembobria, Vietnam Witches, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Britomart, Pumpkin Spice, Zemnaya Svoboda, Bustos-CAM Inc, and McMasterdonia.