“And you harm none, do what you will”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Matriarchy of Boadiccea is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Booie with a fair hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 7.03 billion Boadicceans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hog Mountain. The average income tax rate is 71%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit. Crime is totally unknown. Boadiccea's national animal is the Llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Tacitus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 3 hours ago: Boadiccea fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 10 days ago: Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Boadiccea endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- 15 days ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- 25 days ago: Boadiccea endorsed The Kingdom of Hemingford.
- 26 days ago: Boadiccea was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hemingford.
- 32 days ago: Boadiccea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit.
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Boadiccea, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 43 days ago: Boadiccea fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Democatic Donkeys, Blackshear41, McMasterdonia, Esponnise, Groovistan, Selfgradatude, Former English Colony, Great Bights Mum, Ator People, Yaorozu, Novare Res, Macworld, Grosseschnauzer, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, My Utopian World, El Melbos, Alunya, Olvern, Kiwitaicho, Everywheristan, Framhaven, God n Country n Byron, Sheldanada, Whereisthatistan, Eumbner, Kitabo, Pasargad, Giancarlo, 007James Bond, Bristol C, Abacathea, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, and Lionia.