“Patriotism • Purity • Prosperity”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: North Africa
The Confederate States of Blumaria is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Anthony Santoro with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.989 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, pro-business morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jakobsburg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Tourism.
Citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and the state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association. Crime is moderate. Blumaria's national animal is the Great Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Blumsmark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 9 days ago: Blumaria altered its national flag.
- 9 days ago: Blumaria relocated from Osiris to North Africa.
- 9 days ago: Blumaria was refounded in Osiris.
- 25 days ago: Blumaria ceased to exist.
- 27 days ago: Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 28 days ago: Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 30 days ago: Blumaria fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Devout.
- 36 days ago: Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 39 days ago: Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).