The Confederate States of Blumaria is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Forrest Blanco with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 7.459 billion Blumarians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jakobsburg. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Blumarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,462 trillion Blumsmarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 196,043 Blumsmarks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,457,254 per year while the poor average 7,802, a ratio of 186 to 1.
Failure to pay the thrice-daily homage to the divine President Forrest Blanco is punishable by death, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion, and wounded veterans can only get prosthetics if they agree to become walking billboards for the arms industry. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Blumaria's national animal is the Great Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blumaria fell out of the regional Top 5% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Blumaria fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Devout.
- : Blumaria fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 5%).
- : Blumaria fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Blumaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Blumaria fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Blumaria fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Blumaria fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Mining Sector.
Endorsements Received: None.