The Anarchy of Blogotopia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ding Dong Daddy with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, avant-garde cinema, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 25.735 billion Blogotopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blogotopia City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Blogotopian economy, worth a remarkable 8,402 trillion doobies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 326,492 doobies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers, crime has increased substantially since the police concentrated all their efforts on arresting the rich for loitering in their own homes, and divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Blogotopia's national animal is the hepcat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets.
- : Blogotopia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, crime has increased substantially since the police concentrated all their efforts on arresting the rich for loitering in their own homes.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Blogotopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, citizens select which government department gets their income tax doobies each year.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, procrastination is a national sport.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
Endorsements Received: 135 » Wailfolk, Osea Island, Astrx, New Katamenia, The Tasmanian Islands, Earth Federation, Edorask, Plitheria, North Southumberland, New Icelandic Republic, Testa, Bullintine, Tabbertonia, Castica, DunNaGall, Sedburgh, Paragone, Parpaza, Nova Terra Saccharum, HN67, Campo de la Paz, Oom, Mohr, Baudelafstan, Slaytania, Dandrian, Lebenlauf, The United Dog Days Providence, Anollasia, Evil Dictators Happyland, 123topia, Rimor Publicae, PMR, Mers Plo Mar, Weaubleau, South Baker, The Sarsinian Islands, Creeptopia, Eeumeria, Rubistein, Mursilis, Switmerica, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Siuts, The Soylent Green Party, Fiodiya, Kaloge, Finbro Holdings, Neo Saorsa, Anfuhrer, and 85 others.Gross Battenia, Spncrgmn, Seranis, Kebecois, Rabbitomia, Mystiquelle, Free Tristania, Gentletopia, Brasilia, North North Western Brina, Zuslosal, The State of Walrus Devotion, Achiotopia, Myopic, New East Lancashire, The Persian Territories, Orbi, Slugville, Kokkinostan, Wysrod, Imbria, Grimlandia, Dustwind, Better Indonesia, NorthernMassachusetts, The Republic of The Sith, Hamtown, Zaqaz Death, A Death Arena, Serlone, United Centralists, Viadora, Coreras, Grifopolis, Phrados, Marikast, LiberationVille, Leirkra, Subrosa, Tzo, MagnaPene, Aedue, Hacame, Farun, American Republic of Independent States, Rainu, Venkorata, Boltor, Striagro Uspil, Linkdahero, FreeGunsForAll, Onarii, De Danann, Zeganas, United Governments of Newrope, Germanahii, Cardini, Ozylandias, Soldaten des Hippokrates, DrewvilleAllDay, Kyrizstanislav, Manlinesslavia, Elsewhereland, Molea, Seven Colours, Grungerock, Seantonia, Rex Republic, Those against abusers, Iluuz, Europe Inc, Zeklandia, Jhonshire, The Scottish Highlands and Lowlands, Colonel Terrosit, Beiluxia, Wolfhunters, Zyrcrestia, The Republic of lkxciv, Perzische Keizer, Crustacion, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Spiritbw, Puerto Barrio, and Kharbydriss.