The Herd of Blogh is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Herdmaster Grel with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 20.345 billion Blogh enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, liberal, pro-business individuals is solely concerned with Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bloghopoli. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Blogh economy, worth a remarkable 9,743 trillion Binks a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 478,915 Binks, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 3,955,483 per year while the poor average 11,913, a ratio of 332 to 1.
People all over Blogh are dying of 'Mad Paleoscincus Disease', cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity. Crime is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Blogh's national animal is the Paleoscincus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Holy Circle of Blogh.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blogh fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Blogh was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- : Blogh altered its national flag.
- : Blogh relocated from Osiris to Balder.
- : Blogh was refounded in Osiris.
- : Blogh ceased to exist.
- : Following new legislation in Blogh, surfers ride tsunamis of record height and toxicity.
- : Following new legislation in Blogh, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Blogh, people all over Blogh are dying of 'Mad Paleoscincus Disease'.
- : Blogh was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 5%).