“God forgives, our leader doesn't”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Theocracy of Bleechovia is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Supreme Commander Michale' with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 7.922 billion Bleechovians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bastian . The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Priests are being drafted by the church load, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers, and large sections of Bleechovia have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bleechovia's national animal is the Irukandji, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Bleechism, and its currency is the Offering.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Bleechovia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 4 days ago: Bleechovia was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 16 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Disputed Territories of Territorio di Nessuno.
- 16 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The End All Be All of Spadanera.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, large sections of Bleechovia have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
- 18 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, the nation is currently revamping its entire education system.
- 19 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Kroassant.
- 24 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Liberal Paradise of Emmers.
- 25 days ago: Bleechovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 38 » Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Groovistan, Yaorozu, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Pasargad, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Whereisthatistan, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, McMasterdonia, Macworld, Democratic Republic of England, Ator People, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, Olvern, Framhaven, Bristol C, Abacathea, Lokarth, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Kevaren, Lionia, Great Bights Mum, Els Sentra, Indonesa, Emmers, Kroassant, Spadanera, and Territorio di Nessuno.