“God forgives, our leader doesn't”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Theocracy of Bleechovia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Supreme Commander Michale' with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.801 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bastian . Citizens pay a flat income tax of 86%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Loans are available for students from poor families, calling out of the blue has become taboo, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Bleechovia's national animal is the Irukandji, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Bleechism, and its currency is the Offering.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, loans are available for students from poor families.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 7 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Evangelical Flemingovianist of McMasterdonia.
- 7 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Borderlands of Iwin.
- 11 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
- 12 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Vice Delegate of Kiwitaicho.
Endorsements Received: 33 (Grosseschnauzer, Enif, Oneofakynd, Groovistan, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Pasargad, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Kitabo, Frenulumnia, Blue Wolf II, Whereisthatistan, East Oceania, Everywheristan, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Zemnaya Svoboda, Mariensbergian Principality, Jamie Anumia, TheImpaler, Lorosae, Avalon, Love Song, Kiwitaicho, General COE, Iwin, McMasterdonia)