“God forgives, our leader doesn't”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Theocracy of Bleechovia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Supreme Commander Michale' with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 7.352 billion Bleechovians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bastian . The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Online tourism reviews of Bleechovia are suspiciously positive and amazingly similar, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, Bleechovia's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms, and speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bleechovia's national animal is the Irukandji, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Bleechism, and its currency is the Offering.
Most Recent Government Activity: 19 days ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Bleechovia was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- 15 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- 16 days ago: Bleechovia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hemingford.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, speaking out against the government is punishable by flogging.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, Bleechovia's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, online tourism reviews of Bleechovia are suspiciously positive and amazingly similar.
- 19 days ago: Following new legislation in Bleechovia, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- 21 days ago: Bleechovia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 22 days ago: Bleechovia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Grosseschnauzer, Oneofakynd, Groovistan, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Herzliyya, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Pasargad, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Whereisthatistan, God n Country n Byron, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, McMasterdonia, Macworld, Everywheristan, Democratic Republic of England, Ator People, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Alunya, Kiwitaicho, 007James Bond, Olvern, Framhaven, Bristol C, Abacathea, Lokarth, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Kevaren, and Lionia.