“We don't need a stinkin' motto”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The East Pacific
The Cabin in the Woods of Blazing Samaritan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Giant Hand with an even hand, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, rampant corporate plagiarism, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-working, devout population of 14.332 billion Blazing Samaritanites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Necronomicon City. The average income tax rate is 2.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Blazing Samaritanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,493 trillion Zombie Arms a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 173,950 Zombie Arms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Government-run brothels can be found on every street corner, protests are legal but strictly supervised, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blazing Samaritan's national animal is the Evil Unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Ventriloquism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, government-run brothels can be found on every street corner.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, citizens receive notices of disenfranchisement along with their parking tickets.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Blazing Samaritan endorsed The Republic of Comrade Kennedy.
- 2 days 9 hours ago: Blazing Samaritan endorsed The Kingdom of Meowinopolis.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Blazing Samaritan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 76 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Cults Children, Lanagon, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Eruopia, Yuggoth, Hegemon, Bad-tibira, Elkenian, A Slanted Black Stripe, Trimmania, Tropicalis, Jrustela, A mean old man, Lurchiland, Treudon, Owali, Sacktopia, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Cranky Corners, Molzavar, Sophocracy, HGWQHGE, Crystal Shores, RoosterTeeth, Ragnaria, Brotherland, Picos, British Grand Pacific, EES, Murttim, Marathonman, The Red Skull Legion, Bananalopolis, Abzockhausen, Kabaka, Rossak, Chandler Island, Kriov, Nabta Playa, Worker and Kolkhoz, Elejamie, Eurasian Socialist Federation, and 26 others.Greece-Rome, The United Territories of Providence, Dracconis, Vers, Eldridge Crossings, United industrial, Servants of Gizmo, Urimel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Drinnon, Ouralis, Xoriet, Bachtendekuppen, The Sultanate of Kevinids, Zorro Renzodo, Roissyland, Articono, Solskygge, Lagaronians, Cartertopia, Foggy Island, Miskowa, Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Comrade Kennedy, and Meowinopolis.