The Nefarious Schemers of Blazing Samaritan is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Lex Luthor with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, rampant corporate plagiarism, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, devout population of 15.03 billion Blazing Samaritanites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baneville. The average income tax rate is 2.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Blazing Samaritanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,667 trillion Poison Ivies a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 177,449 Poison Ivies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Medical lawsuits are out of control, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, and hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blazing Samaritan's national animal is the Penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Jokerism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: Blazing Samaritan's influence in The East Pacific fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 5 days ago: Blazing Samaritan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, medical lawsuits are out of control.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, voting is voluntary.
- 11 days ago: Blazing Samaritan was endorsed by The Dictatorship of The Black Harpy.
- 12 days ago: Blazing Samaritan was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Blazing Samaritan, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Todd McCloud, Packilvania, Freedom Fascists, East Malaysia, Kangarawa, The Cults Children, Lanagon, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Adolanta, Eruopia, Yuggoth, Hegemon, Bad-tibira, Elkenian, A Slanted Black Stripe, Trimmania, Tropicalis, Jrustela, Treudon, Owali, Sacktopia, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Cranky Corners, Molzavar, Crystal Shores, Ragnaria, Brotherland, Picos, EES, Marathonman, Kabaka, Chandler Island, Kriov, Nabta Playa, Worker and Kolkhoz, Elejamie, Greece-Rome, The United Territories of Providence, Dracconis, Vers, Eldridge Crossings, Servants of Gizmo, Urimel, Ziggibofolopimiganig Usootipitopia, Zorro Renzodo, Articono, Solskygge, Lagaronians, and 10 others.Northern Doggerland, Reziel, Meowinopolis, Ramaeus, Bucklinova, Triboland, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, Sparrow Corporation, and Drinnon.