“Ense Petit Placidam Sub Libertate Quietem”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.017 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on Religion & Spirituality, although Education and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes, and Green monster is one of the most popular forenames in Blandings and Fenwick. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, and its currency is the franc.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 4 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 5 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 14 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 18 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 20 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- 21 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Krulltopia".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Blandings and Fenwick, Green monster is one of the most popular forenames in Blandings and Fenwick.
- 35 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 1%).