The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 13.47 billion Blandings and Fenwickians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Spirituality, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.3%.
The Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,464 trillion francs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an impressive 108,753 francs, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
Travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused, the government is spending billions of francs on a fancy space probe to find a planet that may not even exist, and 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Blandings and Fenwickian Space Agency. Crime is almost non-existent. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Republic of Lichian.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Statelessness".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Invaders".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The NSIA".
- : Following new legislation in Blandings and Fenwick, 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Blandings and Fenwickian Space Agency.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Weapons Accord".
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Federation of New Zacharianasville.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Federation of New Zacharianasville.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential, the Top 5% for Largest Information Technology Sector, Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, and Largest Retail Industry, and the Top 10% for Safest.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".