The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 13.71 billion Blandings and Fenwickians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Spirituality, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.3%.
The Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,490 trillion francs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is an impressive 108,735 francs, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
Travellers are often forcibly evicted by torch-bearing mobs, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused, the government is spending billions of francs on a fancy space probe to find a planet that may not even exist, and 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Blandings and Fenwickian Space Agency. Crime is almost non-existent. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of the Quarantined".
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Dab of Indian Empire.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Singapore"".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Dab of Indian Empire.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Act".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate United Defenders League".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Central Virginia United.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Singapore".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was struck by a Cure Missile from The Oh My God It's So Delicious of Texas BBQ Home Delivery Service, curing 1 million infected.