The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 10.372 billion Blandings and Fenwickians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government prioritizes Spirituality, with Education and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.1%.
The thriving Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,242 trillion francs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 119,792 francs, with the richest citizens earning 7.1 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and biology and religious education classes have recently been merged. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Sexual Privacy Act"".
- 6 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Conch-Worshipping Empire of PatrickStar.
- 10 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Conch-Worshipping Empire of PatrickStar.
- 10 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 10 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 11 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Responsible Arms Trading"".
- 11 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Blandings and Fenwick fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.