The People's Republic of Black Ops1 is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, compulsory military service, and keen interest in outer space. The quiet, industrious population of 18.403 billion Black Ops1ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 58.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Black Ops1ian economy, worth 910 trillion daggers a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 49,485 daggers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
A large concrete wall is being built around the country's borders, poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, and the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Black Ops1's national animal is the caribou, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Ops1 updated the World Factbook entry in Alaska.
- : Black Ops1 abolished the regional flag of Alaska.
- : Black Ops1 relocated from Balder to Alaska.
- : Black Ops1 was refounded in Balder.
- : Black Ops1 ceased to exist.
- : Black Ops1's influence in Alaska fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Black Ops1's influence in Alaska rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Black Ops1 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Black Ops1 agreed to construct embassies between Alaska and Unalakleet.
- : Black Ops1 agreed to construct embassies between Alaska and Werewolves of the Flame.