The Vampire Syndicate of Black Ivars is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Methuselah Ţepeș with an even hand, and remarkable for its ritual sacrifices, ubiquitous missile silos, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 23.216 billion Nosferatus have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crypt. The average income tax rate is 68.4%.
The frighteningly efficient undead economy, worth a remarkable 5,292 trillion blood litres a year, is mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 227,973 blood litres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Genetic researchers have been expelled, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, the government has enacted freedom of information, and minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Black Ivars's national animal is the bat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is necromancy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Ivars was endorsed by The Spoopy Alien Vice Delegate of The Sanghelios Legion.
- : Black Ivars was endorsed by The Principality of Lolochie.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, genetic researchers have been expelled.
- : Black Ivars voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : Black Ivars withdrew its endorsement from The Swiftly Tilting Land of Tsunamy.
- : Black Ivars fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Black Ivars was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 27 » Curlyhoward, Kholdan, Sierra Lobo, Tsunamy, The Union of Free Individuals, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, Karatengisa, The Bloodguard, Kringalia, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Kiasu-ism, Sandaoguo, PenguinPies, Escade, Novo England, Northern Copek, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, The Solar System Scope, Crusader Imperium, Valklann, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Feirmont, Lolochie, and The Sanghelios Legion.