The Vampire Syndicate of Black Ivars is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Methuselah Ţepeș with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ban on automobiles, and fear of technology. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 23.57 billion Nosferatus are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crypt. The average income tax rate is 67.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient undead economy, worth a remarkable 5,481 trillion blood litres a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 232,553 blood litres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Religion is strictly forbidden within school grounds, drowning sailors are hung out to dry, discarded pennies litter the streets, and military funding has been stripped back. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Black Ivars's national animal is the bat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is necromancy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Ivars was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, military funding has been stripped back.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, drowning sailors are hung out to dry.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, religion is strictly forbidden within school grounds.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, public nudity is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, police officers ride the swiftest bats.
- : Black Ivars was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Amalice.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, those found guilty of illicit affairs are jailed.
- : Following new legislation in Black Ivars, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Curlyhoward, Sierra Lobo, Tsunamy, The Union of Free Individuals, Kien Truong, Brutland and Norden, Karatengisa, The Bloodguard, Kringalia, Drugged Monkeys, Aschenburg, Kiasu-ism, Sandaoguo, PenguinPies, Escade, Novo England, Northern Copek, SJS Republic, Bonaugure, The Solar System Scope, Crusader Imperium, Valklann, Liberum Hominis in Terra, Feirmont, Lolochie, The Sanghelios Legion, Hileville, Miris, Domzona, and Amalice.