“Peace Through Power ”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Brotherhood of Black Hand is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kane with an iron fist, and notable for its ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.895 billion Black Handians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Temple Prime. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.
The government is seen to favor Catholics, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, immigrants flood the job queues as discrimination in the workplace makes a staggering comeback, and politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Black Hand's national animal is the Scorpion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Brotherhood Of Nod, and its currency is the Tiberium.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 7 hours ago: Black Hand's influence in Tropicaria rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 8 days ago: Black Hand's influence in Tropicaria fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- 14 days ago: Black Hand's influence in Tropicaria rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 21 days ago: Black Hand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 52 days ago: Black Hand fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 53 days ago: Black Hand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 55 days ago: Black Hand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 86 days ago: Black Hand fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 97 days ago: Black Hand resigned from the World Assembly.
- 107 days ago: Following new legislation in Black Hand, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.