The Brotherhood of Black Hand is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kane with an iron fist, and notable for its smutty television, punitive income tax rates, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.179 billion Black Handians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Temple Prime. The average income tax rate is 72.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Black Handian economy, worth 556 trillion Tiberiums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 77,578 Tiberiums, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is seen to favor Catholics, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces, immigrants flood the job queues as discrimination in the workplace makes a staggering comeback, and politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Black Hand's national animal is the Scorpion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Brotherhood Of Nod.
Black Hand is ranked 427th in Osiris and 10,249th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 279 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Hand was refounded in Osiris.
- : Black Hand ceased to exist.
- : Black Hand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Black Hand fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Black Hand's influence in Cydonia rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Black Hand's influence in Cydonia rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Black Hand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- : Black Hand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- : Black Hand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Black Hand's influence in Cydonia fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".